Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-06 03:13:02

crated

New here

Hello everybody,

I am new to this site. I am wondering if there is anybody out there that would like to help me in certain areas of maths. I am pretty good with multiplying, adding, subtracting and dividing, but have trouble with decimals and knowing how to work out the maths, also fractions. I also wonder if anybody can also suggest any other sites that would teach me maths as well as this one. So far I am finding this one rather good. I never really managed to try algebra at school, but, I read how to do the basics on here and did two sets of 10 lots of questions and got every single one correct. Find I can understand how to do it one way very easily, but actually don't understand the opposite way around of doing it for some reason.

If anybody feels like they would like to give some time here and there to help out it would be much appreciated, also if anybody can suggest some other sites to learn would also be very appreciative.

up

#2 2012-06-06 03:19:34

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: New here

Hi crated;

Welcome to the forum. If you get stuck doing a problem just post it in the "Help Me" section. There you will get help.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2012-06-06 08:03:24

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi crated,

This is the right place.

Welcome to the forum!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#4 2012-06-06 10:23:49

Bob
Administrator

hi crated

Welcome to the forum!

I'm wondering if you found the forum but not the main Maths Is Fun site.

http://www.mathsisfun.com/

There's enough really good teaching material there to keep you busy for quite a while.

Personally I think the interactive stuff is best because you learn whilst actually doing and you get immediate feedback.

So I'd strongly recommend the decimals and fractions sections there.

And if something isn't clear then ask here on the forum.  smile

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer