Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-07 09:29:20

learn_everything

price matching...

Hello all,

Ok, here is the scenario.  I don't have a Costco card but I need to purchase toilet tissue in bulk.  The cheapest tissue in bulk at Costco here is $27.99 for 48 rolls of tissue.  So, each roll of tissue is about .58 cents.  The store that I shop at told me that they price match with any store here including Costco.  But, of course, this store doesn't sell tissue in bulk.  Nevertheless, they told me that they will give me the same amount of toilet tissue at the same rate that Costco does.  So, in essence, they will price match with Costco regarding toilet tissue.  I just have to figure how much toilet tissue at their store would be equivalent to bulk purchasing the toilet tissue I mentioned above from Costco. 

So, my question for you all is what do I do at the store that I'm shopping at right now?  Do I just go there and grab 48 rolls of tissue and tell them that Costco sells their bulk tissue for $27.99 for 48 rolls and that they have to price match that policy?  I just want to make sure before I go there.  Thank you!

#2 2011-10-07 09:56:01

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: price matching...

Hi learn_everything;

Nevertheless, they told me that they will give me the same amount of toilet tissue at the same rate that Costco does.  So, in essence, they will price match with Costco regarding toilet tissue.

Bulk rate no longer matters. You are getting the same rate at both stores.

Go in there and grab 48 rolls and tell them the price is $27.99
They are offering to match Costco's price so you can not do any better than that.

If they can not give you 48 then get as many as you can.

Welcome to the forum.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Board footer