Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-24 20:30:02

diamond777

scientific calculators (casio)

does anyone have either of the follow casio scientific calculators:
fx-83GT Plus or
fx-85GT Plus ?
I believe that in operation they are identical.  The difference between them is the power source - the "85" having a different battery and solar panel.

Anyway - i would like someone to explain to me how to calculate polar bearings using either of the said calculators ..............

#2 2011-08-24 20:32:03

diamond777

Re: scientific calculators (casio)

re casio etc.......
i should have written polar coordinates rather than bearings...

#3 2011-08-25 07:49:48

TMorgan

Diamond,
  The Casio website has the 83/85GT Plus manual available online for free. I tried to do a cut and paste of the polar to rectangular coordinate section but it would not work. I know I am not allowed to put links in these messages, but if you go to Casio and look for calculator manuals you should be able to find it. They give an example of converting rectangular (sqrt 2, sqrt 2) to polar (answer r = 2, theta = 45).
  Let me see if I can cheat the system:
Aych Tee Tee Pee colon forward slash forward slash
support dot casio dot com forward slash pdf forward slash 004 forward slash fx-83_85GT_PLUS_E.pdf

Maybeb that will make it through. You want pages E-18 and E-20.

#4 2011-08-25 09:26:10

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi TMorgan;

I know I am not allowed to put links in these messages.

Helpful links are always allowed. Links to Wikipedia, Casio any free site that has informative, uplifting, interesting or even humorous material is okay.

What is not allowed is spam. That is defined as a link to a site that is advertising something for sale or of dubious worth. Drugs, legal firms, products, real estate, shareware, math, get rich quick schemes, pirated material etc.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Board footer