Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-23 05:55:55

ohlookabirdie

hihi

hey there, i discovered this site while checking if i had got a math problem right, google sent me here (all hail the mighty google, lord of the internet) and i found that i was correct.

desided that this was a good place for me to be so i subscribed and now im posting my first post to say hi and tell you all a bit about myself (whether you care or not)

first off, im not telling you my name, you can use may user name or call me 'cpm' or 'pyro'. these are nicknames i use on other websites (see the link in my sig for an example) and i still use because my new username cant be shortened to anything i like (please dont call me 'birdie')

secondly (because that is the logical next step after first, but im not getting into a philisophical discusion about the ordering of numbers here), i am a final year maths student at a university (oh secretively leaving out that detail tongue)

and thirdly, i must shamelessly plug my photography. i am a wildlife photographer and you can find a link in my sig to a very good forum about birds, which is my speciality.

thank you for taking the time to read my drivle (i dont think that is how that is spelled but oh well)

~ohlookabirdie~
(a.k.a. cpm, a.k.a. pyro)

I may be a nerd, but i can still be artistic, so here is a link to my photo gallery

Tom - "it looks like you've been keepin yourself busy with an attempt to photo every bit of wildlife in the country"

#2 2011-08-23 06:44:47

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: hihi

Hi ohlookabirdie;

Welcome to the forum!

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2011-08-24 00:26:55

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi cpm,

Your introduction was very nice.

Welcome to the forum!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#4 2011-08-24 10:38:39

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Hi "cpm" and welcome!

(Note: your signature will automatically appear after you have been here a while, it is just a spam-fighting measure)

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#5 2011-08-24 10:44:44

anonimnystefy
Real Member

hi pyro

welcome to the forum!

“Here lies the reader who will never open this book. He is forever dead.
“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment
The knowledge of some things as a function of age is a delta function.

#6 2011-08-24 23:37:11

Lynn16

hey, pyro, wassup, welcome! ive been here for like two three months and i really like it. i have made good friens with some people, im sure you will too.  will you say how old you are or can you not say that either?

hi anonimnystefy, how  are you?! havent seen you in a while, whats shakin?!

#7 2011-10-16 20:22:59

Bob
Administrator

hi ohlookabirdie

Welcome to the forum.  smile

I'm a retired teacher so it goes with the job to tell you it's:

drivel  (But you don't have to write it out 10 times!  roflol  )

And according to Dictionary.com it means 'nonsense', so I have to report,   you have not even used the correct word.

The spelling for the word you wanted is:

sense  ( probably best if qualified further with an appropriate adjective such as 'interesting')

Bob

Last edited by Bob (2011-10-16 20:28:05)

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#8 2011-11-10 05:45:42

Sarah Rebekah

Welcome, ohlookabirdie

Love is the key to life

Board footer