Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-09 12:08:44

John E. Franklin

Magical connecting spaghetti

I now view the world in a new light which allows me to be more forgiving to people around me, and to learn from what they tell me.  I conceive that each living object perceives a different story and environment.   All of the interactions between all the living beings are interconnected through the magical spaghetti, which makes the conversions possible.  In this way when I write down the word, "yellow", someone else may see me pushing a wheel barrow down the yard.  But the world still has purpose because the magical spaghetti is careful to make the interactions pertinent in everyone story and world they see.  So in effect, all living beings live in small universes, connected by this magical spaghetti.  Now some unexplanable events can be explained better.  For example, two people who are telling each other the truth as best they know it, are both suspecting each other is lying to them.  Or at other times someone will get angry at you and it is hard to understand why.  All these things are part of the magical spaghetti that holds all the perceived worlds together.  Coming to this new conclusion will allow me to live more gracefully, and to not get my back up so fast when someone seems stressed up about something.  Also, I have this unusual ability to see people at different perceived moral levels, but now I understand that the "greater than" sign can be reversed to a "less than sign", since there are no absolutes to view from anymore, so I am now like a worn out tube sock that is rearing to go and make the best of it!!  I have high hopes for my future.  I met an old friend from the 1980's a few days ago, and it got me thinking about all of this since he is very religious, but sticks to the good book, unlike my made-up view of reality, which he thinks is a deception from satan.  I think whatever it is, it is at least progress in the right direction.

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#2 2011-08-09 13:42:34

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Magical connecting spaghetti

Yes, we all perceive the world differently, and try to do the best we know how.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2011-08-09 18:48:42

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi John E. Franklin;

Whatever works for you. Personally I would thrown a nice tomato sauce into that mix. But if your way makes you a better and more moral person then you have done your share to improve the world. And an improved world is a better place for me too. I thank you.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#4 2011-08-09 19:05:11

John E. Franklin

Thanks guys for the nice return messages.

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#5 2011-08-14 22:28:44

LQ
Real Member

So when did this spaghetti come by the way (question from a guy with similar theory)

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#6 2011-08-14 23:15:16

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi LQ;

It is wonderful though.

#7 2011-08-15 00:59:24

LQ
Real Member

What is bobbym?

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#8 2011-08-15 01:02:02

bobbym
bumpkin

What is bobbym?

bobbym is a guy who hangs here some say he is a not real. Others say he is an alien, yet others say a vampire.

#9 2011-08-15 01:03:28

LQ
Real Member

Nah, I mean what is wonderfull? You talked about something wonderfull?

Last edited by LQ (2011-08-15 01:12:30)

#10 2011-08-15 01:33:36

bobbym
bumpkin

I know, I was kidding you. I am glad John found something that works.

Board footer