Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-07 18:55:54

ComicMath

Hi from a Math Comic Writer

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on writing a comic about aliens, being a high school student and preparing for the SAT. The comic will be called Zara vs the Scary Alien Teacher (or Zara vs the SAT for short). Right now its in pre-production so if you are interested you can check out the production blog at ComicMath . Since its a new site, I don't come up yet for Comic Math, but if you disable to autocorrect and search for it as one word I come right up.

I'm also working on creating a directory of comics about math which will be a great resource for math teachers once its completed. I'm always looking for more cartoons to put up there so if you know any let me know. [reference to a commercial site like a dot com removed by moderator]

Right now I'm trying to start my own business and am the new owner of tutoring company, Tutor Delphia and am a full-time SAT and math tutor in Philadelphia.

Adam

#2 2011-08-07 19:02:13

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Hi from a Math Comic Writer

Hi;

Welcome to the forum and good luck!

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2011-08-07 23:02:57

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi ComicMath,

Welcome to the forum!

Best Wishes on your  endeavor!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#4 2011-08-08 00:14:34

anonimnystefy
Real Member

hi ComicMath

welcome to the forum!

“Here lies the reader who will never open this book. He is forever dead.
“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment
The knowledge of some things as a function of age is a delta function.

Board footer