Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-14 18:35:24

calculatewhat

Hello! New Member Here

Hello! My name is Colin Fagras and I'm a new forum member as of tonight. These forums seem like a great resource for all things math related, especially for those seeking math help. While not a math genius, I've always enjoyed the subject and have a great appreciation for learning and education. I'm a professional web developer for a living and I currently live in the beautiful state of Arkansas. When I'm not working (or fly fishing), I spend lots of time working on my calculator website CalculateWhat.com which features a large variety of various web-based calculators for anything and everything under the sun, including dozens of math related calculators. I think lots of members here might find various parts of my website useful and quite related.

It's nice to meet everyone and I hope I can help contribute to this community of learners.

I run (slave over) the website CalculateWhat.com: Online Calculators
TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator Giveaway: Summer Calculator Contest

#2 2011-05-14 18:51:44

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Hello! New Member Here

Hi calculatewhat;

Welcome to the forum!

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2011-05-14 19:31:32

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Welcome also!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2011-05-14 19:57:47

calculatewhat

Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one awake so late (unless ya'll are in far different time zones)! Nice to meet you both, this forum looks really helpful and friendly.

I run (slave over) the website CalculateWhat.com: Online Calculators
TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator Giveaway: Summer Calculator Contest

#5 2011-05-14 23:49:39

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi calculatewhat,

Thanks for the nice words on the forum!

Welcome!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#6 2011-05-17 02:35:52

JaneFairfax

Hi calculatewhat! Welcome to the forum. wave

Board footer