Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-26 01:00:36

kourosh
Banned
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 5

hello dear friends

hello dear friends .
my name is kourosh . i am 27 yrs old (born in august 1984) .
i am so into science (specially maths) cause as we all know if it didn't exist , none of the progresses in arts & sciences could ever happenned .
i just found this interesting website & joined it . Actually i was & still am looking for a clear and logic answer to some questions (in my opinion humans are born to find the answers , how & why ...)
anyways , my prior intention to join this web site was to find out the exact sequence and algorithm of movements & price actions in financial markets (forex , stocks , ... charts) and the exact ralation between time & price .
it's been about 5 straight yrs that im spending my time doin this business (income was good) , but as it's in my blood to always look for ideals , ive been looking for the answer of the above question :  the exact sequence and ... days and nights .
i will be much glad if any1 could help me here to show me the way how to find the key / be ready to share what we know & maybe we can find the ultimate answer together .
so happy to join u guys .
i can't decribe my anxiety waiting for ur answers .
hope u all to aaalways be healthy . have fun where ever u are , what ever u do & never forget who has the infinite power , the one who created us & gave us the ability to think & decide .
thanks to all , specially the administrators

Offline

#2 2011-04-26 02:28:02

bob bundy
Moderator
Registered: 2010-06-20
Posts: 6,303

Re: hello dear friends

hi kourosh

Welcome to the forum. 

the exact sequence and algorithm of movements & price actions in financial markets (forex , stocks , ... charts) and the exact ralation between time & price .

Wow!  You don't want much do you!!?  I don't think there is an answer to that one, but, if someone does find it, they'll probably forget all about Maths Is Fun and retire to their own island in luxury.

I watch your thread with interest.  smile

Bob

Last edited by bob bundy (2011-04-26 02:28:46)


You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei

Offline

#3 2011-04-26 03:04:54

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 84,464

Re: hello dear friends

Hi kourosh;

Welcome to the forum.

and the exact ralation between time & price .

First you would need data to analyze. Do you have any?

Now we can do curve fitting to that data. Then we would extrapolate from the equations produced what would happen based on what has already happened.

Since this is hardly a new idea, my guess is it would fail horribly. Let me put it like this I would not bet my dough on it. But if you have the data and would like to experiment I will find some fit for it.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

Offline

#4 2011-04-26 04:35:57

kourosh
Banned
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 5

Re: hello dear friends

oook . sounds nice .
u know , i've started a number topics & posted several messages regarding this issue (predicting the exact price actions in charts) , but each time i got disappointed because of having almost no replies .
listen carefully friends , I AM QUITE SURE ... impossible is nothing . what im saying and looking for is reachable , but not easy at all . this is a fact that almost 90% of traders generally lose , but there is an obvious BUT THERE HAVE BEEN LEGENDS WHO COULD DO 100% SUCCESSFUL TRADES .
you probably have heard the names of those genious men such as : W.D.Gann , Allen Andrew , ...
Now what im talkin about is that the most important reason these people are mentiontioned as legends of technical analysis is that they found something , they saw something , they knew that disorder is somehow a very strange & beautiful order .
im not saying that im a genious like them (although +90% of skills and knowledge of technical analysis i have is gained just by looking at the charts hours and hours , counting every single m1s , m5s , m15 , ... sometimes more than 3 days i haven't blinked . just looking at my notebook's monitor . just to discover the why's of market . and i had & still have 1 simple burning reason for doing that : to reach the point that money gets the least important factor in buying what i want & helping who ever asks & puring my bad karma through makin poor people a bit happier) , but discovering something which is already discovered doesn't worth much , but it is a sign for me , that step by step im getting closer to it .
anyways ...
i found out what magics can a PROPER trendline can do (series of paralel lines : upwards , downwards and horizontals WITH CONSTANT distance) , what is the real meaning of just 1 single wave movement for each price chart . found a seires of numbers which are repeated in all charts over and over , and  surprise ! they are a limited bunch of numbers . please do not laugh at me i know most of these have been discovered and discussed by others before , but i didn't know them .
let's sum up by sayin that i can predict just 1 , maximum 2 next moves of the market with +95% accuracy and least tolerance (sometimes EXACT High/Low) , but as i mentioned in my 1st post always trying for ideals .

when there are choices : bad , good , better , best
you choose which one ?

Offline

#5 2011-04-26 05:10:11

kourosh
Banned
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 5

Re: hello dear friends

by the way , i apologize bob bundy & bobbym .
i forgot to thank you for replying my post .
looking for helpful practical answers from all u friends . please don't be shy to share ur technical analysis skills , reveal what u know & be sure we can reach the climax ...

if either Watson or Bell didn't really help , we counldn't even imagine talking on the phones

Offline

#6 2011-04-26 12:31:07

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 84,464

Re: hello dear friends

Hi;

kourosh wrote:

looking for helpful practical answers from all u friends . please don't be shy to share ur technical analysis skills

I am sure you know this quote:

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

It will be impossible for me or anyone else to even try to assist without seeing the data for the past 5 years. Never mind that extrapolation is the reason the 90% you spoke of went broke. We will try it anyway. But I need something to analyze.

kourosh wrote:

let's sum up by sayin that i can predict just 1 , maximum 2 next moves of the market with +95% accuracy and least tolerance (sometimes EXACT High/Low)

I am probably the least scientific person on this or any other forum that is actively engaged in doing math. Not because I do not know any science but because I do not trust it. But even I must now say to you, please prove it.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

Offline

#7 2011-04-26 15:36:25

ganesh
Moderator
Registered: 2005-06-28
Posts: 13,488

Re: hello dear friends

Hi kourosh,

Welcome to the forum!

Your posts have been interesting! Keep it up!


Character is who you are when no one is looking.

Offline

#8 2011-04-26 22:08:52

kourosh
Banned
Registered: 2011-04-25
Posts: 5

Re: hello dear friends

thanks again to bobby for having such caring personality . up i really admire people like u that even if they don't trust/believe in something , don't reject the subject ; but they ask for a proof . wave
Oooh my God , is it true ? i see the great ganesh found this topic interesting . Sure i'll keep it up , cause i didn't start it for fun , the final answers (algorythm , function , data (number) series fomula or whatever it is , worths billions $) And moreover it is a dream of millions of people doing stocks and exchanges business (many more cannot even think about existance of such a thing)

Sooo ...
Let's not waste another moment & get right into it : 
My 1st (general) suggestion to prove what i am saying is real & has already found by one of technical analysis legends , would be reffering the viewers to :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Delbert_Gann
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliott_Wave_Principle
www.median-line-study.com/andrews-pitchfork.html

search those names & probably u can find out how exact their predictions were that made them become historical more
how ever when u summerize their techniques of analyzing instruments , u'll find that they are nothing but totally MATH based equations which lead to those wonderful predictions . (do not have a proof for this , but im almost sure that whatever they found is a combination of simple geometry with the researches of FIBONACCI , specially the functions and magic powers of THE GOLDEN RATIO : 1.6180339...

On the other hand we have thousands of thousands writings & documents about researches conducted by (so so so sorry to say this , but i have to) low-iq brain people & sometimes jelous selfish PHD's saying the phrase that : "It's impossimble for a technical chartist to predict the exact movements of an instrument in today's financial markets .
My own direct answer is : Oh , yes ?!!! roflol So , how come i can ? knowing the fact that im not really genious & also do not darken my room and sit like yogies burnning candles in front of my laptop screen roflol .(no doubt i'll prove it . tongue and sometimes it could be done as a piece of a cake) instead am a person who is curious to know the why's of his own life and realized the power of knowledge in my job & though had many failures & loses , heard unblievable discouraging phrases from too many people , family always has the 1st place wink , never gave up .

Just saying this & ill finish my words in this post :
Remember your childhood , the reason why mummy says do not open that closet was not really being a boogyman there , but just to scare you not opening the box and playing with her private stuff .tongue

Offline

#9 2011-04-26 22:17:32

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 84,464

Re: hello dear friends

Hi kourosh;

I am sorry to say but that is all well and fine. We can talk about magic and the Los Angeles Lakers if you want but the fact is I asked for a proof that your prediction rate is 95%.

Also I told you without data there is nothing to analyze. Nothing to prove. Fibonacci, well he was just a nice Italian kid. Great mathematician, unfortunately he has nothing to do with this.

GIB wrote:

yogies

Yogies?! The bear?

GIB wrote:

thanks again to bobby for having such caring personality . up i really admire people like u that even if they don't trust/believe in something , don't reject the subject ; but they ask for a proof .

If you are going to put words into my mouth please make them better than that. You have not given me anything to believe in or to doubt.

Incidentally, do you know what Houdini is? I just beat it again.

If you have a 95% prediction rate what more are you after? I mean casino blackjack is less than 51% - 49%, the wheel is only 52.5 % - 47.5% or so. You claim you are a whopping 95% - 5%  favorite and still need more work?


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB