Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-23 19:57:41

mandy jane

I have 2 problems

Hi Mandy here,I have looked at long division and long multiplication on maths is fun I found it good but I was wondering if there was a site that would speak to you to say how to do them as I am Dyslexia ok? get back to me as soon as you can?

#2 2010-09-23 20:20:23

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: I have 2 problems

Hi mandy;

I understand what you are saying and I am a poor substitute for your teachers and parents in this matter.

The MathsisFun pages are quite good because he does a lot of teaching using pictures and concepts. Sadly, I know of no speaking math program except for one and it is too expensive and clumsy to help you. There are free readers to read text like I am writing to you.

What I can do is work any problem that you can post here. I will use words as much as I can rather than symbols. You can speak the words to yourself softly as a help to understanding the math. I know you feel that it is just you but math is hard for everyone me too.

http://www.dyslexia.com/helpread.htm

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2010-09-29 03:34:28

mandy jane

Hi BobbyM Mandy here I was just wondering :/if you new a good way of knowing prime numbers and common factors and also do you know a good way of knowing your table or not? get back to now or when you can?:)

#4 2010-09-29 04:55:55

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi Mandy;

That is a very hard problem in general. We can only know a prime by trying to factor it. There are other ways but they need a computer to do.

For the times table, does this help?

http://www.mathsisfun.com/worksheets/multiplication.php

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Board footer