Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-05 08:19:06

LQ
Real Member

Gravitomagnetism from particleaccelerators can destroy the sun

Yes it can:

This is the gravitomagnetic force:

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#2 2010-07-06 05:44:17

Ricky

Re: Gravitomagnetism from particleaccelerators can destroy the sun

I can guess what most of those variables/constants are, but what is i and v?

Oh heck, would you mind defining all of them?

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#3 2010-07-06 06:08:02

LQ
Real Member

If the gravity field is moving equally much in all directions from us, Then that wouldn't have been true seen from a system at rest.
Make an assumption: Gravity becomes solely perpendicular at high velocities, cutting through the sun like paper from particleaccelerators

Can some of you on mathisfunforum callibrate the force instead?

GmM√(1-(v/c)²)/r² = F(x)

But what is F(y,z)?

Where G is gravity constant, v is speed, m & M are interacting masses and x,y & z are coordinates & y,z is the plane based on y,z coordinates.

Last edited by LQ (2010-07-06 06:10:16)

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#4 2010-07-06 11:53:25

Ricky

GmM√(1-(v/c)²)/r² = F(x)

Why call this F(x) if there is no F in the equation?

But what is F(y,z)?

This question doesn't seem to make sense.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#5 2010-07-06 12:09:01

bobbym
bumpkin

LQ;

Rick is right. In F(2) where does the 2 go? Besides gravitomagnetism? I know of no transducer that you put in magnetism - electricity and get gravity, or vice versa.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#6 2010-07-06 18:32:21

LQ
Real Member

Ricky wrote:

GmM√(1-(v/c)²)/r² = F(x)

Why call this F(x) if there is no F in the equation?

But what is F(y,z)?

This question doesn't seem to make sense.

The thought is that the x wise coordinate is so much bigger compared to the meterstick on the ship with mass M, Even though the gravitational force seen from the ship is equal in all directions.

So basically the gravityforce starts to move perpendicular to movement direction, the faster the ship goes.

I've been counting again: GmM/r^2 -> GmMsqrt(1 - (v/c)^2)/r^2 + -2GmM/r (for v -> c)

Can this be proven then?

Last edited by LQ (2010-07-06 19:06:03)

#7 2010-07-07 05:56:18

Ricky

Rick is right.

Only if you ignore that awful typo.  hmm

The thought is that the x wise coordinate is so much bigger compared to the meterstick on the ship with mass M

You're comparing a coordinate to a size?  Perhaps you meant to compare the length in the x-axis to a size?

Even though the gravitational force seen from the ship is equal in all directions.

If there are a finite number of things in your system, gravitational force can not be the same in all directions.

So basically the gravityforce starts to move perpendicular to movement direction, the faster the ship goes.

Why?

#8 2010-07-07 06:07:34

LQ
Real Member

next last above statement, it still is the same in all directions seen from the ship on an about.

Or isn't that correct?

#9 2010-07-08 01:37:43

Ricky

it still is the same in all directions seen from the ship on an about.

What does "on an about" mean?

Board footer