Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-11 22:02:19

rakoon13

managment problem.

I wana start a site with formulas / math formulas. I need some sources where I can realy get good documentation and oganization for this. Can anyone help? Please PM me.

dr. Steven Dale
Scientist
www.cellforum.net

#2 2005-09-11 23:53:11

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: managment problem.

Welcome to the forum, Dr.Dale,
It is nice to know that you intend creating a website with Mathematical formulae;
The best way to do it is recall from memory or refer a standard textbook;
you may also add Theorems/Conjectures/Laws/Postulates and definitions and SI Units too, with pictures wherever required. Values of Scientific constants etc. may also be added.
I think HTML doesn't support certain symbols like pi, phi, theta etc. You would have to take the assistance of a professional webdesigner.
You may also use a search engine to get the desired information from the Net. Care should be taken not to reproduce verbatim as that may amount to Copyright infringement.
You may take the permission from the webmaster to put the information/pictures on your site. From experience, I can tell you that, often, permission is granted for placing a link on your site. In some cases, you may also be allowed to put the information mentioning the source.
However, as a precautionary measure, it is always safe to get prior permission.
The most difficult part is getting the hits. For that you would have to register with Search Engines, some of them provide free registration.

Good luck.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2005-09-12 00:01:42

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: managment problem.

Or perhaps you might like to use our brand new MathWiki - it would be free, with no hosting problems and would have a wide audience (once we go live with it). smile

(But you wouldn't want to duplicate the great work of functions.wolfram.com, eqworld.ipmnet.ru, or even the Wikipedia.)

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer