Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-30 14:15:47

Zach

To Rora.

Project started at: 02:24.
Project ended at: 03:05
Current time: 03:05

-----------------------------

To Rora;
I hope you don't mind, but after I saw your post of your freewebs site on the other board, I took the liberty of scripting you a site based on your band. This is mainly because I absolutely despise freewebs and their layouts (Nevermind how good they are, they just get repetitive).

Tawned - As made by Zach.

The whole thing is entirely handscripted and images made from scratch. I used the trail and improvement method. There is only one piece of CSS in the whole thing and that's for the central figure. An IFrame was too primitive for my needs, as IE doesn't recognise it as Firefox did (And IE rejected the VALIGN command too.), so I changed to the CSS of Autoflow and set it to a percentage.
The whole thing 123 pixels high and 623 pixes in length. The size cannot be less that 500 x 500, as that is the size of the main picture in the middle, which I kind of like. Infact, that picture is the only one that I did not make, I found it on the internet and thought it was rather good. It is exactly 500x500.

I am offering this layout and space to you and am offering to create an admin panel for you which will allow you to alter and insert any kind of information onto the page via PHP and a database. You will not need to display "hosted by Sweep Inc." or "Layout designed by Zach/Sweep Inc" anywhere on the site.

The layout is open to your criticism and I will try and change it to what you'd want as well.

Invitiation: Open.

- Zach.

Boy let me tell you what:
I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

#2 2005-08-31 07:30:22

Roraborealis

Re: To Rora.

First off, I'd like to thank you for putting all of your effort into this, when it isn't even required. It was very thoughtful of you. smile

I haven't seen the site, I only wanted to when it was more or less finished. I didn't even have any idea it was freewebs. However, I've looked at it now, and I much prefer the layout on what you've done.

But - it's not like I can just agree straight off. I'll have to inform my friend, who was in charge of it. I'll need to get his opinion, which won't take long, and I'm sure, will be positive.

School is practice for the future. Practice makes perfect. But - nobody's perfect, so why practice?

#3 2005-08-31 08:35:17

Zach

Okay dokay.

I'll just continue playing around with PHP none-the-less.

#4 2005-08-31 10:28:25

MathsIsFun
Administrator

This is way cool! Try to convince the other band members, Rora!!

Zach has made a great start from what I can see ... obviously there will be band members who want a say artistically (including you, Rora), and there is a lot more stuff to do content-wise, but it has real potential.

Every band needs a good website.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#5 2005-08-31 18:06:03

Zach

Wait... There's more to content then me copy and pasting "Welcome to Tawned" about a hundred times?

And why am I up at 7 in the morning?

#6 2005-09-01 07:22:34

Roraborealis

OK, I just need to get 2 more reponses smile

And ummmmmmm, you're up at seven in the morning because......your clock's stopped?

School is practice for the future. Practice makes perfect. But - nobody's perfect, so why practice?

#7 2005-09-01 18:50:33

insomnia
Real Member

Or, he didn't go to sleep at all last night.

Friends are angels who lift our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly

#8 2005-09-02 03:46:46

Zach

No... It's because I was woken up at 6:00 in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep.

Which is weird.

But, I slept till 15:00 today, so it's all good.

Board footer