Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-20 14:04:03

S.G. Shredmaster

Hey everyone if you play the guitar, or like rock music, read this!!!

hey im new, i play the guitar(its an Epiphone S.G.,a replica of the guitar played throughout the movie, School of Rock), and im getting realy good.so just tell me how its going!!!wave

When you're old and your eyes are dim, There ain't no old shep gonna happen again
We'll still go walking down country lanes, I'll sing the same old song
Hear me call your name

#2 2010-03-21 20:47:36

Tigeree

Re: Hey everyone if you play the guitar, or like rock music, read this!!!

Welcome to the hub, S.G. Shredmaster!
I'm gunna call you Shredz from now on, that cool with you? It's not unusual, I've been giving nicknames to everyone around here.
Rock is a big part of my life, btw. Good movie, too. School of Rock. I was trying to picture your guitar, but then I realised "Oh hey, it's your avatar!" I don't know what my guitar is, actually. I will go check later.

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#3 2010-03-22 06:10:51

S.G. Shredmaster

Hey Tigeree, I totally understand where ur comin' from. I listen to Rock music from when i wake up to long after i fall asleep. In fact, once I fell asleep w/ my radio on, and a song had pentrated my dreams, it was realy cool! Some of my favorite bands are Tool, Led Zepellin, Sublime, Jimi Hendrix, Guns 'n' Roses, and Tesla. What radio station do you like? I listen to 98Rock here in California. What bands do you like?

Oh btw, thanks for the nickname!touched

Last edited by S.G. Shredmaster (2010-03-22 06:12:29)

When you're old and your eyes are dim, There ain't no old shep gonna happen again
Hear me call your name

#4 2010-03-22 18:58:47

Tigeree

Your welcome!
I don't really have a favourite band, I like Wolfmother. I've kinda got over Nickelback, though. They just do the same thing over and over. The stations over here are pretty jumbled, I mostly listen to the Fox, though. But then there's Nova, Gold, triple M, I can't remember much else. But that's about it for Melbourne.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#5 2010-03-23 05:58:48

S.G. Shredmaster

Slash (guitar player for guns n roses) is putting out a new CD, and one of the songs features the singer from wolfmother! The song is called "by the sword". Im not a huge wolfmother fan but this song is awsome!!!up yeah about nickelback, they just are so stale now its like trying to cook a frozen dead fish in the microwave same stuff over and over and after a while it starts to stink really bad...but there new song "This Afternoon" is alright. its nice that they finally put out a song thats calm and laid back. Not much of that sinceAll The Wrong Reasons CD. But, yeah heres a link to my radio station.

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/entercom/player/?id=KRXQ

Be warned there is mild languge and thouchy subjects, but if you want to check it out and kinda see what im up to all day.

Hear me call your name

#6 2010-03-23 19:06:52

Tigeree

I know, sometimes other bands play songs better than the originals. My friends played "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana at a gig last year and they sounded so amazing! Then they played a Jimi Hendrix song, "Bold As Love" I think it was and that was really awesome too.

Nice metaphor, btw:lol:

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#7 2010-03-24 05:03:25

S.G. Shredmaster

man ive been trying to start a band for so long but i just cant get other people together, but ive had a breakthru so maybe my frend and i can find more people. the problem is that im homeschooled. Therefore, Its hard to get in touch with other local musicians, ya no?

P.S Ive temporarily changed my signature just for youup

Last edited by S.G. Shredmaster (2010-03-24 05:05:38)

Hear me call your name

#8 2010-03-24 20:53:54

Tigeree

Homeschool is trouble, it's hard to find people that way. I remember some of my friends got homeschooled. We didn't keep in touch. Here in Melbourne you can usually find a musician just walking down the street, but I think it depends what day, I think weekends are popular.

P.S You're sweet, dude, really.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#9 2010-03-25 05:44:23

S.G. Shredmaster

Thanks! you too! Yeah, I kinda lost touch with one of my best friends. So heres wy im homeschooled:
So im walking home from school with my friendTyler, and theres a group of guys in front of us. Tyler spits on the ground, a guy in front of us saw this, and, looking for a fight, says,"Why'd you spit on my shoe!", even tho he knew full well that he didn't spit on him. So all of his friends turn around and are pushing us around, spitting in Tylers face, and cussing us out. We endure this for about a 1/4 mile, when out of nowhere this other dude that wasnt even involved came out of no where and punched me in the face. Ive been in alot of fights, but ive never EVER been punched this hard, EVER. So regain my composure and before i can say anything, this dudes a block away on his bike. I come home and, even tho i tried to hide the bruise, my mom says,"Who hit you?". And now here I am a year and a half later, wishing i could be in school. Luckily tho, im going into hi school this upcoming school year so hopefully i can re-establish sum friendships. Yeah so back to my friend, Tyler. I rarely see him anymore, cuz hes to busy hanging out with his 'cool' friends, and my other friend is so focused and getting sponsored(he's a die-hard skateboarder) that hes becoming so full of himself that he doesnt even care that ive gotten alot better at guitar, and ive congradulated him on HIS accomplishments AND volunteered to put his videos together. When i tell him that ive learned a new song he says something to the effect of "oh i dont realy like that song,its kinda lame. But hey watch this...". And he hates my girlfriend. can't win 'em all tho right?dunno

Last edited by S.G. Shredmaster (2010-03-25 05:48:27)

Hear me call your name

Board footer