Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#51 2010-01-31 12:45:14

Tigeree

Re: Purpose of life????

Oh, I love Seth MacFarlane! Aww, the first season of the Cleveland show finished last week. What's on this week then.... Oh, but I don't like SYTYCDA.

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#52 2010-02-01 02:57:03

bobbym
bumpkin

SYTYCDA.

So Your The Youngest Child Daddy Ate - great show, tape it for me.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#53 2010-02-01 18:06:06

Tigeree

So You Think You Can Dance Australia, but your version sounds better.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#54 2010-02-02 07:25:58

soroban

Last edited by soroban (2010-02-02 07:26:25)

#55 2010-02-02 19:09:03

Tigeree

lol Very nice, soroban. Even if your not on jokes. I don't know anything about my lives, but I do know things about history that I shouldn't, considering the knowledge I hold at my age.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#56 2010-02-03 13:57:45

Nahnsu Octorine

I agree with Richard Dawkins completely on this one

#57 2010-02-04 10:01:31

G_Einstein

Well I also don't belive in reincarnation,because a spirit "live" just once....
And about a post that says'"If there were a God,we would proof it"(if I didn't made a mistake by iwritting it).
So you don't believe in God.OK
"Supose" that God existe.If it exist,it would mean that he has the power over everyhting.If so,He could have the power of "not prooving it's existens"(even if it's not true).
That is the esence of B-E-L-I-E-V-I-N-G.Not seeing it,but knowing that He hese everywhere.
That's what God wants from us,to believe in Him by the things that proof the existence of Him.(BIBLE,QURAN...) and the things that are written in it,wich you can see in your everyday life,but that you didn't notice them till a specified moment.

Se Zoti vete e tha me goje,se kombet shuhen permbi dhe,por SHqiperia do te roje,per te,per te luftojme ne.
God said that all nation exincts on the ground,but Albania will survive,for it,for it we are fighting.

#58 2010-02-06 16:12:15

Tigeree

People have too many beliefs already, I still don't understand (if he does exist) why doesn't He show Himself? And why is He a 'he' anyway? No one knows even that. Does any one know what He looks like? No, so how can people be convinced that He exists? Not to be crushing your spirits or anything, G_Einstein.

Last edited by Tigeree (2010-02-06 16:13:02)

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#59 2010-02-07 06:46:55

G_Einstein

Well take a Bible and then a Quran and read it carefully,(try to understand what all those word really meen)(read betwenn lines,even if it's not neccessary but if you want to understand more and more try it,you'll see) and you will find your answers......

Dedicate yourself 1hour per day to read it (1 h isn't anything compare off what you can understand,understanding your life is much more valuable than 1 h per day)......

Don't think that I trying to convince you to be a religious man(a catholic or a muslim).
It's up to you to decide about your life.It's my obligation like a human being to tell you which way to go,and the rest is how you decide to be.

Thinking that you came in this world just like this,...,for eating in McDonalds and drinking math Cola sound that life has not a "true value",that life is just how to say it...boring,temporary.....

Quote"It's not allways like you see it"

If you have questions about islam or christianity you can find answers on internet but best answers are in Bible or Quran or poeple who knows them.

(About internet be carefull of extremist because poeple who kills innocent poeple aren't muslims)
God says:There is no violence in beleiving  (do not know if II translated right,so you can't force someone to believe or not,it's and individual decision) so do not believe everything that the tell you on internet

Hope you'll get answers about your questions and understanding why we are born in this world....

Se Zoti vete e tha me goje,se kombet shuhen permbi dhe,por SHqiperia do te roje,per te,per te luftojme ne.
God said that all nation exincts on the ground,but Albania will survive,for it,for it we are fighting.

#60 2010-02-08 07:11:38

John E. Franklin

Maybe every animal and human is a separate god who has tricked themselves into living on Earth for a good story.
The credits are going to very lengthy...

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#61 2010-02-08 13:06:19

d1whohatesmath

The purpose of life is to live it.
make a difference with it ,no  matter how small.and gain the entelligence we refuse to consider.Life is more than  just to exist!you MUST do something in this one and only life.You MUST have a goal, a purpose of living.If you dont,then why are you still alive?
Wether it is to become a doctor to help people or just a small simple goal like getting an A on a test,You must   have a reason to live.

#62 2010-02-08 18:52:28

Tigeree

I still believe the answer to life, the universe and everything is...  42.
ALthough, John might have a point (again) We could be some kind of trapped lost souls that have forgotten everything. But I don't know my reason! So, why am I still alive?! I don't have any goals...

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#63 2010-02-08 21:14:44

bobbym
bumpkin

I still believe the answer to life, the universe and everything is...  42.

Hi Tig;

You see, that's the point. Why trade one belief for another? If you said I did not believe in anything then I would say, OK. But if you are going to believe in something then belief in a supreme being is the oldest and safest.

#64 2010-02-08 23:33:30

G_Einstein

I can;t uderstand why people prefere believing in "everything else" than in God??
Is it so hard for you to accept that there is a Suprem Ruler (and you are not this one)?
That you are simply a creature and He is the creator?????

If whe would be "separate god" why do we die???
Gods don;t die!!!!!
God is the one who was not created but who is the Creator.

You may says  science here,science there.....but He is the one who created everything.
Why the cosmos has ruled of how to function???
Because He made "rules of univers" that we call science formulas and other thing.
And maybe He want us to believe in it by not seeing It.He sends to every earlier nation revelation that people have changed for having a profit or any other reason......

I still can't understand the "logic" how human can believe in these things....

#65 2010-02-09 00:51:44

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

It is difficult for people in general to accept other peoples views. Especially when those views clash with our own. Understanding that, we should still make the effort.

because He made "rules of universe" that we call science formulas and other thing.

If you believe then science can be considered a form of worship. Remember it is impossible to sway another person to any belief. You can only lead by example. Small changes over large time periods.

#66 2010-02-09 02:39:12

G_Einstein

Yes,in Islam,science is a form of worship to God.
God says:....and savants will be among them in higher grade of paradise.

God syas:Read,read in the name of your God,.....

In Islam science isn;t an "enemy" like it was tretaed in the Middle Age in Europe by the chearch.
Science is a part of the religion.

Anyway,I don't want anyone to be offended.
I do respect other religions like I want them to respect mine.

#67 2010-02-09 18:37:05

Tigeree

I do respect your religion, G_Einstein. I'm just trying to understand your point of view. But you have a point, gods can't die (I think). Baulder died and he was a god wasn't he? I'll have to catch up on my Norse mythology. But suppose that, linking my regeneration theory, we are god spirity creatures that regenerate but remember nothing...

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#68 2010-02-10 08:55:50

G_Einstein

Who is Baulder????????????????????????????????

Well,I would think that life doesn't have any point than if we would just be regenerated in other bodys afetr a time?!?!?!
I think that every religion must have something to prove that what are they practicing are true........if they have something to prove.....
not just wolrds bla bla bla bla,but facts,why not scientific facts

#69 2010-02-10 14:58:41

bobbym
bumpkin

Balder was a Norse god. On Ragnarok, all the gods died and their enemies. If I remember my Norse mythology.

#70 2010-02-10 21:01:54

Tigeree

Does your religion have scientific facts? All I've seen are written words and some pictures. I don't know how the Norse gods died but I know how [most of them] were born, but frankly, I like Greek better. Not that there's anything wrong with Asgard and Valhalla I mean how many gods have a rainbow bridge at their place?

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#71 2010-02-13 22:57:35

G_Einstein

Of course it has.I'll writte some of them in the next post because I must go now to my lessons.

Who are interested to know more about Islam without prejudgements
take  a look to this      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYmznlUBZrk   It's the first part.

#72 2010-02-14 19:08:41

Tigeree

Like what, G_Einstein? What scientific facts do you have as proof? And I don't mean any mumbo-jumbo cave drawings. Although it work for the Mayans, that's beside the point. Aliens gave them everything.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#73 2010-02-14 20:09:32

Devantè
Real Member

You can't really prove anything.

Except if it's a mathematical proof.

#74 2010-02-15 18:39:49

Tigeree

Exactly, so what's the point in believing?

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#75 2010-02-15 21:26:12

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi Tig;

Believing doesn't require proof. Proof is for mathematics.  When we post to each other do we demand proof of what the other is saying? When you talk to your friends do you request verification?

Religion and belief in God brings solace and a sense of purpose to many people. It works for them. If it doesn't bring you any joy or peace then by all means find what does.

Board footer