Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-19 22:07:20

Mahamaya

Hello to you all

Maths for me has always been a strange thing that i find quite interesting regardless.

Back while in secondary school i just could not find my bearing around the subject no matter how hard i tried. But if it may well please anyone who cares to know that i am now begining to get a grip on the subject - at least the fear of the subject that has always compounded the problem is begining to dwindle bit by bit.

To say the least i owe my progress to mathsisfun.com for their concern in putting up a website like that(free) to assist those in need like me. Thanks guys.

From time to time i'll throw in questions. But first let of use this opportunity to ask for your patience as you may every now and then read questions that may look childish. Am taking my time going from the foundation and starting things from scratch - i really want to do this even if it means exhausting all my energy just to be proficient at this subject.
Thanks

Emmanuel   big_smile

#2 2009-12-19 22:48:18

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Hello to you all

Hi Emmanuel,

Excellent! And I don't think you will find it exhausting at all. It surely is challenging, but very rewarding. And always something new to learn.

Welcome!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2009-12-20 01:05:56

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi Emmanuel;

Welcome to the forum!

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#4 2009-12-21 01:44:26

nomaomaochong

Happy to join the warm community! I really want to learn maths well to find its beauty--though I'm now a little afraid of  it!
  A 'great' question: what's the difference between commercial textbooks and online resources such as wikibooks?
  Though now I still need to gain more basics from this fun site!

Happy to meet you!

#5 2009-12-21 01:57:23

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi nomaomaochong;

Welcome to the forum!

A 'great' question: what's the difference between commercial textbooks and online resources such as wikibooks?

I prefer the online resources to textbooks. You can download them and make your own textbooks. Electronic books are easier to search, read and store. Nothing comes close to a forum when you have a question.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Board footer