Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#1 2009-12-08 17:31:43

mikau

Hello everyone!

I started avoiding these forums because one member was making things a bit unpleasant for me but it appears that member isn't posting so much anymore.

Anyways! I got my associates degree in computer science and i should have one in math but I was one humanties class shy! swear but I changed schools and I'm continuing my Computeer Science education though i'm considering switching my major to math. I am unhappy with how little mathematics I've learned since I entered college, relative to before when I was self taught,  and I'm trying to find time for more self study. These forums are also a great place to learn and practice math, by asking and answring questions, so I thought I should frequent them more! smile

anyways, good to be back everyone!

A logarithm is just a misspelled algorithm.

#2 2009-12-08 17:56:32

Tigeree
Legendary Member

Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome back, mikau! This place, and it's people, missed you. And good luck, with everything. smile

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#3 2009-12-08 18:03:21

mikau

thanks, Tigeree! :]

A logarithm is just a misspelled algorithm.

#4 2009-12-08 18:26:40

Devantè
Real Member

Hey mikau, I just recently came back here too. Haven't been too active here myself...

#5 2009-12-08 22:26:50

LQ
Real Member

I s'pose he didn' mean me?

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#6 2009-12-09 03:18:06

bobbym
Administrator

Hi mikau;

Glad to see you back and congratulations on your degree!

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#7 2009-12-14 04:27:01

John E. Franklin
Star Member

Hi mikau!!  I hope it wasn't me, I have had my mental illness coming back and forth lately, and am now out of the hospital again.

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#8 2009-12-14 07:26:03

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Add me to the list?

Anyway, welcome back!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer