Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#51 2009-11-03 04:42:40

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: We missed it!

Hi;

Everyone just keeps injecting dark thoughts into my thread. Wish MathsisFun would allow me to zap ya when you stray from the lighthearted initial post.

I've seen the thousand ways a man can die - Gen. James Matoon Scott

Me too.

I think that there is only darkness after you die.

But I have to say I would be scared out of mind thinking that when you die it just gets black,

LQ wrote:

I believe our experience reflects our impression on ourselves and the world even as dead, since you cannot experience to not experience.
To reall life this would never compare in the end. That's what I think.

You got me. I am speechless. I didn't intend to provoke despondency. I should have put a disclaimer at the top. The day came and went. Rejoice, for retribution on the wicked is at hand. See, I can sound that way also.

Last edited by bobbym (2009-11-03 04:59:01)

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#52 2009-11-03 08:13:28

LQ
Real Member

I believe our center is a particle that act by moving, experience by hitting stuff and dream by vibrating after hits. And it cannot experience the lack of experience, cause if you know not you ain't gonna feel it either. So nono to black, and yes to it's like life a bit.
How to support this? In the brain there is a particle and if it ain't you, then who is it yikes

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#53 2009-11-03 18:56:54

Tigeree

How was the initial post lighthearted? It was the end of the world? I'd be scared if there was darkness, too. When I say "I'd" meaning I'm not scared anymore. I got the darkness thing of a very realistic TV show. I just think that the centre of the Earth is a big gas ball, although Jules Verne is very convincing.

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#54 2009-11-03 19:18:21

jU
Real Member

I agree with Jess there. I was thinking that the beginning topic was never light hearted.

Besides, it is in DARK Discussions At Cafe Infinity

xo
Jen

#55 2009-11-03 20:22:49

LQ
Real Member

Whatever it is it's beautifull, that's all I have to say. If you don't think so then I might be joining you later.... Much later.

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#56 2009-11-03 20:27:18

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi Jen and Jess an LQ;

The topic starter is lighthearted because it says the world ended yesterday. Yesterday! Now how the heck could that be. Unless we a speaking metaphorically, it couldn't have ended yesterday and we are standing here today. Now since bobbym started that topic, I think I know what he meant. In my opinion he didn't mean it darkly.

#57 2009-11-04 18:03:17

Tigeree

If he didn't mean it darkly then why'd he post it? What does it mean if it's not dark? & the biggest question of all: if it didn't end yesterday, when will it end?

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#58 2009-11-04 20:47:04

bobbym
bumpkin

How can I answer that, I am not him. I can imagine what he meant, and why he posted. Maybe he was bored. Maybe we caught him in a rare lucid moment. Maybe the spirit of Devante was channeling through him warning of the impending doom.

#59 2009-11-04 23:46:13

LQ
Real Member

Probably just hacker tech that was yesterday that made you say that.
They just induced it in your brain. No big deal. If you had jumped out of a window it would've been though I guess.

#60 2009-11-05 12:00:45

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi LQ;

LQ wrote:

Probably just hacker tech that was yesterday that made you say that.
They just induced it in your brain.

I don't agree. My brain is resistant to all outside suggestion or input. Some say even impenetrable, just ask my instructors.

Last edited by bobbym (2009-11-05 12:01:27)

#61 2009-11-05 19:10:48

Tigeree

Unless your just being argumentative, again. Instructors? O.o I know what you mean, or he means, or either way. It's happened to me before, just not a whole thread that lasted three pages. Like all those 'Mwahahaha's', they weren't me. They were either my shoulder devil. Or this part of me, Jet, who is immensely evil. Which brings me to:

bobbym wrote:

I've seen the thousand ways a man can die. - Gen. James Matoon Scott

Most of those were probably me.

Last edited by Tigeree (2009-11-06 12:47:38)

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#62 2009-11-05 23:32:51

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi Tig;

Yes, instructors. I got rid of my shoulder devil. He was making it hard to put on a shirt with him sitting there. Sent him back to the stygian depths where he belongs.

Please correct the quote. You left out the "a", after ways. The General is very precise, he wouldn't like it.

#63 2009-11-06 12:56:16

Tigeree

Oops sorry... There, thats better. Wow, you corrected me, for once. My shoulder devil comes and goes, usually. Although there are those times when she climbs through my ear, and mind controls things, and stuff. Sorry, I could've put that better but anyone who knows what I mean will understand.
Well, it's a complicated situation. Well, actually it's not but I'm sure you all know what's being said. Unless, I'm just insane. I'm not insane!

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#64 2009-11-06 18:02:08

LQ
Real Member

Perhaps one should limit ones mind to one self so that one can make it's own decision?

#65 2009-11-07 09:27:24

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

LQ's has a point. Perhaps you could replace her with one of the good guys. They at least have your best interest in mind.

#66 2009-11-07 19:35:08

LQ
Real Member

I agree, sometimes I sence depression in the air and that's allways around forums...

#67 2009-11-08 19:51:48

Tigeree

Gee, thanks, LQ! Just 'cause I might be depressed! But good things can be so boring. Evil is fun, especially when you take chances. And when the unexpected happens. I see someone doing a good deed, and then bam! It's all over, and I think 'hey, that could've been more interesting.' Like world domination, that'd be fun!

Last edited by Tigeree (2009-11-08 19:52:07)

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#68 2009-11-08 20:33:24

LQ
Real Member

Is it a bad thing to die, is it? Because I myself I always said that the grass is still greener on the other side. You might find comfort in the new perspective, and actually act like someone will spread good feelings over you for. I imagine you'll hear the talking eventually.

#69 2009-11-09 08:54:38

bobbym
bumpkin

Gee, thanks, LQ! Just 'cause I might be depressed!

LQ is just inducing a little anger, this certainly will end lethargy and depression.

Life is not a spectator sport. Your young, you have life by the throat. Take advantage. Oh, and evil is not fun! It has consequences! Mischievous is fun though somewhat immature.

If anyone mentions world domination again...

Last edited by bobbym (2009-11-09 08:57:54)

#70 2009-11-09 19:35:46

Tigeree

Evil is fun when your the one doing it! "Life is not a spectator sport" O how I hate that line. It makes people think something good must come out of it. (Eventually.) I live my life in my own little world, okay. It's the advantage of being insane. Like the Joker, he's insane and how cool is he? Who ever said dying was a bad thing? That makes you think suiciders are right. Oh, yeah and world domination, world domination, world domination, world domination! big_smile

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#71 2009-11-09 19:46:40

LQ
Real Member

I blame the wyrmholes, the particles that interact gets an incommon footprint, as if one particle gave the other a part of it's wyrmhole. I'm thinking an antiparticle has a twin that does everything the opposit the particle, like the end of a wyrmhole. That's why the matter is in here and the antimatter took the other way. So basically if you're gonna hurt some, you are gonna feel bad about it. That's what it comes down to. That's why I don't do it.

#72 2009-11-10 18:02:06

Tigeree

You physics nerd. smile I don't feel bad, though. Well, I do, she doesn't 'cause she's evil. She doesn't even sit on my shoulder anymore, I think she's lodged herself in my brain. It's not my fault, okay? It's this planet and everything. Anyway, I sort of agree with the wyrmhole theory, sort of.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#73 2009-11-12 09:30:17

bobbym
bumpkin

Tigeree wrote:

"Life is not a spectator sport" O how I hate that line

Yes, but is it true. My gut tells me you already know the answer.

The Tig wrote:

It's the advantage of being insane.

There are advantages to being smart, mean, good looking, tall. rich, young and convincing. The Joker is not cool. There are no advantages to being insane. By the way, you are not insane.

#74 2009-11-12 13:29:03

LQ
Real Member

Whatever you get out of being mean has 2 sides in the soul. The more you experience the other, the more you have the one left. It all comes down to how fast we experience. In no time. So you ain't gonna win, it's allways a draw. But that's just foolish bull. It's variation that is fun. That has very little to do with being mean.

It's like a recorder, it has both versions in it. Your perspective and the others.

Last edited by LQ (2009-11-12 13:31:42)

#75 2009-11-13 13:26:54

Tigeree

Yay, I'm not insane! Really, though? I threatened to kill a little kid the other day, everyone was staring at me in silence. Their faces filled with horror. Now tell me I'm not insane. LQ, I already know I have 2 sides to my soul. Didn't I tell you guys that? It's hard to contain sometimes. But I'll deal with that, you guys just deal with the end of the world, don't worry about me. I'll deal with her.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

Board footer