Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#26 2009-10-26 11:57:37

LQ
Real Member

Re: We missed it!

I believe mithril will kill us. It has no decay time you see, woven from ether ie. time itself it cannot perish, and so it becomes bigger and bigger, until it explodes, ie. big bang. As any closed timeline, it develops into existence, that's why my mithril is now rare... but it takes a billion billion years. So there's no need to do anything odd, we can't move that far anyway. I guess we could allways destroy it, unfortunately it is very spread, i believe some was put in the sun, to enhance it with more light. Mithril was simply a stabil time weave closed from any time....... You know what it does. Correction: you don't. It's very selfish, it was supposed to take away all outer influence to basically stop all harm from comming in. But it does expand. Existence was basically, mithril, but a different kind of mithril called ether.

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#27 2009-10-26 14:20:10

bobbym
bumpkin

I really can't wait for the day the world ends, so that the next day I can say to everybody who said it couldn't happen, I told you so.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#28 2009-10-26 17:50:44

jU
Real Member

lol bobbym. What I do wonder about is will we still be there, what will happen?
I would love to experience the world's end and also death but then that means I can't experience the rest of life.
It is a very odd thing, life is.
It amazes me and I do think about it everyday.
What do others think about life?

#29 2009-10-27 02:17:54

bobbym
bumpkin

B.M. wrote:

Life is a collection of bad beats and then you die. But consider the alternative...

#30 2009-10-28 18:14:38

Tigeree

There's an alternative?! I want to know about it! Life drags, thats what I think! (Also the reason people judge me as an emo.)  Life's only good for reproducing, not that I would coz that's, like, eww. You know, keep the species going. Although I do think about what else is out there, well the truth is out there, for one. But like, everything else. And.. um.. oh, I forgot what else. But I've been told it's the little things in life that count, although I doubt I'll remember them.

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#31 2009-10-28 22:34:36

LQ
Real Member

I think m8ing wasn't superb, but a load of other things was. like games, the land, the ocean, movies, food and stuff like that.
I still think so, and no matter where I go, stuff ain't great enough to make a machine can destroy it. Honestly, I don't believe in mithril, i just played pretend. The important part is we are all gonna get smacked by a black hole and teleported out again eventually, therefor I know exactly what skill I should learn, and call it void form.
I imagine the skill comes from void and body, but I suppose it's hard to learn. I imagine void takes no beating from a black hole.

There is also the skill teleport, but when it comes down to it, can you really have 2 skills in there? I doubt it. I guess I have played too much valkyrie 2, but  if that stuff works, I suppose void form would do it.

The risk of the world to end is very little, whether by demons (dimensional beings) or aliens. If they can go all that way they can allways choose another place. War there will allways be, but annihilation of a planetary race for terraforming doesn't. They would win a war though. But that's a totally different point. If god ends the world then he must've oversteped the boundary of all lifeforms in the universe and so it shall never happen. Question?

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#32 2009-10-28 23:01:30

Identity

I was having an interesting discussion about this hypothetical on another forum. What does everyone here think about it?

You must choose from one of these two options.
Option 1: You die now.
Option 2: You live until your natural time of death, but when you die the earth is destroyed with you.

#33 2009-10-29 03:42:27

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi identity;

Of course you must pick option1,that is what the hero of the movies would pick. Unfortunately all of humanity is choosing option 2.

#34 2009-10-29 04:54:38

LQ
Real Member

Post #32. 2. Because the chance is nill and i refute your argument.

#35 2009-10-29 07:47:34

jU
Real Member

I would choose option 2, better to go down with friends and family then to die alone and leave people close to you very upset.
Although then is the corruption of the earth a consequence of yuor death?

#36 2009-10-29 15:58:53

LQ
Real Member

Nah, it's just some terrorist that did it.

#37 2009-10-30 06:33:13

bobbym
bumpkin

Tig wrote:

Life's only good for reproducing,

Not exactly true, perhaps you can rephrase it to say, "All that life does is reproduce".

#38 2009-10-30 11:46:25

jU
Real Member

I believe we are here for more than just reproducing. why else would they stick us on here for no apparent reason but to reproduce. its a little silly in my perspective, just having us on earth if we have nothing to do but keep the human race going.

what do others think?

#39 2009-10-30 12:00:11

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi JU;

I didn't say that life is just here to reproduce. Trouble is that's all it ends up doing, particularly human life.

#40 2009-10-30 15:17:30

Tigeree

Jeez, everyone pick on my post! I agree with, LQ. Thanks, bobby. That's mostly what I meant. I was just quoting a bio teacher of mine once.
Identity: Could you possibly merge those options together? Like die now and the Earth dies with you as well? Sorry to spoil everyones fun.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#41 2009-10-30 15:28:34

jU
Real Member

Hi Tigeree,
A biology teacher of mine once said the same.
Oh and I wasn't trying to pick on your post, just a little rebuttle.
xo

#42 2009-10-31 15:59:43

Tigeree

That's alright. Wouldn't it be cool if the Earth died by all the super heroes ever created all turning against each other, and using Earth as their battlefield. I'm not so sure about what Dr. Manhattan would do, though. He can create and destroy anything and everything. I would be kind of sad, though.
What about if every villain joined together to destroy the Earth? Actually... that would probably end in idiocy. Maybe if every hero revealed their identities? At the same time? I'd just be like faint.... OMG. Sorry, I'm having a comic-geek overload.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#43 2009-11-01 12:00:52

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

Serious people are way too serious.- B.M.

Everyone wants to destroy the world. I think everyone is a little bit spoiled. Maybe if you all got dropped into the desert and had to use your M16 to defend yourself, maybe you would appreciate being alive. So unless you all belong to the New World Order (and they are all billionaires) lighten up.

#44 2009-11-01 18:03:15

Tigeree

Jeez bobby, let us emos be who we are. Of course everyone wants to destroy the world. It brings our dark side joy! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Ahem, sorry 'bout that.... big_smile I wouldn't appreciate being alive anyway.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#45 2009-11-01 18:05:19

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi Tigeree;

Just being argumentative.

#46 2009-11-01 18:34:07

Tigeree

I noticed. Still... In the desert? With our M16s? lol Seriously? I don't think I even have one.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#47 2009-11-01 18:36:08

bobbym
bumpkin

I had one.

#48 2009-11-01 19:07:31

Tigeree

had? When? Why didn't I get one? Where can I get one?

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#49 2009-11-01 23:56:36

LQ
Real Member

I believe our experience reflects our impression on ourselves and the world even as dead, since you cannot experience to not experience.
To reall life this would never compare in the end. That's what I think.

#50 2009-11-02 20:01:31

Tigeree

What you just typed was amazing. You know how I can tell? Cause now I am completely lost. I think that there is only darkness after you die. Maybe when the world dies there will be a new world. Exactly like Earth. An old teacher of mine, who I saw the other day, told me that he'd died and that there's a queue. He said not to go in the queue, just float around it a while. And then you go into some ones unborn child. But when you die the next time, to go over the bridge. If the bridge gets narrower, you fall into the flames below. If the bridge gets wider then you go into some bright light, or something. Anyway thats what he told me.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

Board footer