Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-25 00:26:07

bkrKimo

Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon your site while studying for a test and I must say it seems nice.  I am a computer engineering student, but math always seemed to be a stumbling point for me; somehow I've powered through my courses and I should be graduating soon (May yay!).  I figured since I spent most of college partying and hardly studying (usually all night before a test), joining a nice forum like this will help me hone my math skills, and hopefully I can help with other students if I know the topic. 

I used to be good at math when I was younger, but I didn't like doing it.  I used to say in high school that natural logs (ln) were for burning not calculating, though that same time frame when at an anime con I saw a shirt that said  integral(from 10 to 13) 2x dx?  I guess I've always had a hidden love for math, just not out of the classroom. I snickered to myself and had to buy it.  Got dirty looks from offended women though, but that just makes me happy that more women nowadays are learning math: there are many great female mathematicians and social stereotypes shouldn't hold us down.

Anyways, glad to join the forum, I look forward to reading posts and trying to help with topics that I know to the best of my ability (whatever that may be lol) and meeting new people who share similar interests, ta ta for now!

#2 2009-09-25 01:03:20

JaneFairfax

Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome, bkrKimo. wave

#3 2009-09-25 10:48:23

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi bkrKimo;

Welcome to the Forum !

Last edited by bobbym (2009-09-25 10:50:33)

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#4 2009-09-27 04:10:07

soha
Real Member

Welcome To The Forum !!!!!!

"Let us realize that: the privilege to work is a gift, the power to work is a blessing, the love of work is success!" smile smile
- David O. McKay

#5 2009-09-30 03:50:03

haruka-san

hello bkrKimo!! ^_^
welcome to the forum. XD

Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. ^_^

Board footer