Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-11 08:02:57

princesslapriss

Practicing

Hi All,
I am new to fourms...Came acrossed this one looking for fun ways to practice algebra.. I am facing algebra in my college prep courses, Have done alot and for my age and many factors in my life it is not easy... I have been having alot of trouble grasping the concepts and to the point I give myself a headache...  I am interested in improving my knowlege in mathematics though... I know that mathematics is in everyday life and  I see it everyday..  Does anyone have good tips on how to comprehend the more difficult aspects or how I should go about practice on a daily basis.  Anything helps for me!

Thank you for reading,

Samantha

Live & learn

#2 2009-09-11 08:23:25

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Practicing

Hi Samantha;

I find that it is easier to tackle big problems like how to grasp the concepts of algebra by breaking it up into many smaller problems. Take specific problems (ones you are having difficulty with) and post them for instruction, be active in the forum. Everyone here has been where you are now. You will get a first rate education by asking questions here. You will eventually understand.

Oh, and by the way, Welcome to the forum!

Last edited by bobbym (2009-09-11 08:24:51)

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Board footer