Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-16 22:38:53

Greaterpathmagician

Finance

I have been absent from school hence I have no help on this chapter on Finance thus I am having some trouble. How do I solve the following questions and is there a formula for these questions.

Exercise:

The questions says:

Use the following rules to determine the minimum payments for questions 1-4. The minimum payment will be the greatest amount of:

5% of the amount due, rounded up to the next dollar.
$30 (If the amount due is less than $30 the amount due should be paid) the amount by which the amount due excceeds the credit limit, should that situation occur, rounded up to next dollar:

Q.1 Amount Due: $ 728.60 and Credit limit $3000

There are several questions like this.

Thank you and any help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 2009-06-17 02:16:27

integer

Re: Finance

Greaterpathmagician wrote:

I have been absent from school hence I have no help on this chapter on Finance thus I am having some trouble. How do I solve the following questions and is there a formula for these questions.

Exercise:

The questions says:

Use the following rules to determine the minimum payments for questions 1-4. The minimum payment will be the greatest amount of:

5% of the amount due, rounded up to the next dollar.
$30 (If the amount due is less than $30 the amount due should be paid) the amount by which the amount due excceeds the credit limit, should that situation occur, rounded up to next dollar:

Q.1 Amount Due: $ 728.60 and Credit limit $3000

There are several questions like this.

Thank you and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Solve the parts:
5% of the amount due
5% = 0.05

0.05 x $725.60 = $36.28
rounded up to the next dollar  -->  $37

Is $37 LESS THAN $30?
No.
Pay  $37  which is the greater amount.

Board footer