Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-06 08:54:56

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Deleting my posts!

MathsIsFun,
I am unable to delete my posts.
I deleted a certain post by another person, due to a certain reason, and everything worked well. However, when it comes to my posts, I am unable to delete.
Please see posts #12 and #13 here.
Please fix the problem.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2009-04-06 09:18:35

mathsyperson

Re: Deleting my posts!

I've sometimes been unable to delete posts, but it's always a temporary thing.
Navigate away, then come back and try again.

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#3 2009-04-06 09:34:38

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Try mathsy's suggestion and see if it works.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2009-04-06 12:10:27

JaneFairfax

I know what’s wrong. If you are using Internet Explorer and your post contains [hide] or [math] tags, you won’t be able to delete it. I can think of three solutions for this problem.

Solution 1
First edit your post to remove all [hide] and/or [math] tags. Then you can delete your post.

Solution 2
Switch to Firefox. I can delete posts containing [hide] and/or [math] tags in Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer. If Firefox works for me, I don’t see why it shouldn’t work for everyone else.

Solution 3
Wait for MathIsFun to fix the problem. roll

#5 2009-04-06 14:30:50

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Very interesting Jane ... I wonder how that all ties in?

Anyway, yes, you could try simply editing your post to be empty (or almost empty) and then try deleting it. See what happens.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer