Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun. Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °
You are not logged in.
Question Bank : Age group 14-15 : VI
1. Two circles touch each other externally at a point P and a direct common tangent touches the circles at A and B. Prove that (i) the common tangent at P bisects AB and (ii) AB subtends a right angle at P.
, find the matrix X such that 3A + 5B + 2X = 0.
6. The number of ice cream cones bought by men, women, boys, girls, and children on a day at the Trade fair was 40, 42, 46, 48, and 44 respectively. Find the Standard Deviation.
7. A number is selected at random from the first 100 natural numbers. what is the probability that the number is either a multiple of 11 or a multiple of 13?
8. Show that
9. Find the values of angles and sides not given in the right triangle ABC in which angle C = 90°, angle A = 30° and AB = 8 centimeters.
10. Find the length of a side of a regular polygon inscribed in a circle of radius 1 meter if it has 24 sides. State the answer in centimeters.
11. Find the area of the quadrilateral formed by the points A (3,4), B(-1,6), C(-3,-4), and D(6,1).
12. If the line joining the points (-4,6) and (-1,-3) is perpendicular to the line joining the
points (0,-4) and (3,a), find a.
13. Show that x + y - 2 = 0 is perpendicular bisector of the line joining the origin and (2,2).
14. Find the equation of the line which is concurrent with the lines y=x and y = 2 - x and perpendicular to the line y = 4x + 5.
Character is who you are when no one is looking.