Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-27 12:58:23

mathykathy

Hi Everybody!!!!

My name is Kathy, and I love math!  I love to work with lower level maths, because if I can instill a love of math early on, then those kids have a better chance at loving math their whole lives, and taking on higher levels of math in their schooling. 

I live in Northern California; I retired from the USAF almost 5 years ago, and due to a disability I cannot work, so I'm home all day most days, without much to do.  So I want to tutor, and I think I'm pretty darn good at it, if you let me.  I like to go on Yahoo! Answers and help people with their math there.  Usually I answer questions about Algebra, but you can go there and see my answering style and judge for yourself.  You can find me here:  http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=AuGDN7kl10LNJOwQ3b4YpC_sy6IX;_ylv=3?show=zXSqPifuaa&preview=true

Because Yahoo! doesn't let users under 13 to use that site, there aren't many opportunities to help people with earlier levels of math, so I hope I get to do that here. 

I am really bad with forums and boards, so I might not get how this works.  But I hope the administrators and the powers that be allow me to tutor here, and I hope I can help students fall in love with math!

I love math!  I want you to love it too!  Ask me anything!

#2 2008-12-27 17:28:25

careless25
Real Member

Re: Hi Everybody!!!!

Hey, it would be nice to have you here!! wave
You already have the power to tutor as soon as you registered!!!:D
C ya around

C25

#3 2008-12-27 18:17:46

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi mathykathy,
The first word I'd like to tell you is
wel504.gif

Its always nice to have people willing to help others with their problems in mathematics here; there are more than a handful and you are welcome to join the elite group. The forum would provide you a good opportunity of helping young students, getting to know new people and sharing your views on many subjects. Being new to the forum isn't a disadvantage by any yardstick, the senior members here too started afresh sometime back; you'd soon feel at home here.

I sincerely hope you visit the forum often and post as often!
Welcome again smile

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#4 2008-12-27 23:01:03

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Hi mathykathy,

Glad to have you here. Please feel free to help answer any question people post here ... it is a great thing to do.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#5 2008-12-28 13:52:36

Tigeree

Welcome mathykathy! I think u'll b a big help around here!
been 2 California, nice place, but i went 2 the southern part.

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

Board footer