Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#1 2005-07-02 16:22:27

Eva_Longoria
Novice

A lovely note

Hello! I have visited this time many times by accident. My name is Eva Longoria, and I star in a television program you may know, called "Desperate Housewives". I am currently dating Hayden Christensen, which many of you might know as the young man portraying Anakin Skywalker, who later turns into Darth Vader. Anyway, I would personally like to congratulate this website on behalf of my co-star, Marcia Cross, who's young nephew has graduated from his extension maths course because of this website!  Thanks alot!

#2 2005-07-02 17:21:37

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: A lovely note

Great Post!  Very funny!

(Note for future reference: they spell maths without an "s" in the US, but nice try)

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2005-07-02 17:56:23

justlookingforthemoment
Award: Wink Sherlock

And you spell who's like this: whose.

#4 2005-08-04 02:00:23

actingirl101
Novice

-.-

#5 2005-08-04 08:46:21

kylekatarn
Power Member

a big LOL for you "padmé"

#6 2005-10-27 09:13:26

jd

If Anakin stole back his children I bet if padmé could see it now another mother raising Leia and Luke she'd be furious.

#7 2005-10-27 17:42:39

insomnia
Real Member

Padme dies. Then Leia goes on and becomes a princess, whilst Luke lives in a cave (well, practically)

Friends are angels who lift our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly

#8 2005-10-27 19:47:48

jd

I said if...

#9 2005-10-27 19:57:37

insomnia
Real Member

That's a big IF to come back from the dead.

Friends are angels who lift our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly

#10 2005-10-27 20:04:15

jd

He hasn't died because I haven't seen episode 4, 5 and 6 so his death is only a speculative rumour.

#11 Yesterday 03:59:40

Agnishom
Real Member

Thank you for the lovely note.

What is your favorite color?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'Who are you to judge everything?' -Alokananda

#12 Yesterday 04:42:09

bob bundy

Agnishom:  Are you really bored?  Every time a fresh post appears, I think it is important to look at it.  Then I discover it is just you reviving an old thread.  Do you want me to ignore your posts?  smile

Bob

You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei

#13 Yesterday 04:47:01

Agnishom
Real Member

I apologise for your inconvinience. I am sorry, I should not have done that.

Please look at post 38 onwards for the details of the color project http://www.mathisfunforum.com/viewtopic … 42#p303242

I'll wait till someone new comes and says hello and I can ask him what his favorite color is. smile

Are you really bored?

No, I was having a little fun.

Last edited by Agnishom (Yesterday 04:48:25)

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'

#14 Yesterday 05:49:07

ShivamS

When I clicked "New Posts," my first reaction was: OMG, this forum is really popular if we have 10 people joining today.

I have discovered a truly marvellous signature, which this margin is too narrow to contain. -Fermat
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. -Archimedes
Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. - Neumann

#15 Yesterday 10:23:57

Agnishom
Real Member

:d

#16 Yesterday 17:47:48

bobbym
Administrator

Welcome to the forum.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#17 Yesterday 17:59:19

Agnishom
Real Member

Thank You.

#18 Yesterday 18:00:08

bobbym
Administrator

Not you, the big star.

All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#19 Yesterday 18:00:45

Agnishom
Real Member

Mr. bundy?

#20 Yesterday 18:03:37

bobbym
Administrator

The OP of course.

Board footer