2. Solve :-
3. Using long division, show that (x+3) is a factor of
4. Find the quotient and the remainder, if any, when
5. Factorize the following:-
(a) x² + 17x + 60
(b) x² -5x - 36.
(c) x² + 9y² -6xy - 25a²
(d) 2x + 6y - 3(x+3y)²
6. Find the Greatest Common Divisor of
7. A bag contains coins of denomination $5 and $2. The total value of thse coins is $1272. If the number of $2 coins is 15% of the $5 coins, find the number of coins of each denomination.
8. The sum of digits of a two digit number is 15 and if 9 is added to the number, the digits are interchanged. Find the number.
9. In how many years will $5000 amount to $6655 at 10% per annum interest compounded annually?
10. If the volumes of two cones are in the ratio 1:4 and their diameters are in the ratio 4:5, find the ratio of their heights.
11. If the height and perimeter of the base of a right circular cone are respectively 15 m and 44 m, then what is the volume?
12. The ratios of heights of two cones of equal volumes is 16:9. What is the ratio of their base areas?
13. If the numerical value of the curved surface area of a right circular cylinder is equal to the numerical value of its volume, the numerical value of the radius of the base of cyliner is ________.
14. The lateral surface of a cyliner is developed into a square whose diagonal is √5 cms. What is the area of the base of the cylinder in square cms?
15. If the diameter of the base of a closed right circular cylinder be equal to its height h, then what is its surface area?
16. A cow is tied to a pole with an 8 m long rope. What is the area of the land on which it can graze?
17. If a square is inscribed in a circle, what is the ratio of the areas of the circle and the square?
18. Find the dimensions of a rectangular room if its diagonal is 17 meters and its perimeter is 46 meters.
19. A right circular cylinder and a sphere have the same volume and same radius. The ratio of the areas of their curved surfaces is ____________.
20. If a solid sphere of radius 10 cm is moulded into 8 spherical solid balls of equal radius, then what is the surface area of each ball in square centimeters?
It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge - Enrico Fermi.
Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.