Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-22 13:46:03

roel

Reading comprehension.

Hi.. Sorry, i do not know exactly where I should post this message. I just want to ask for some tips on how you should answer reading comprehension tests. do you first read the questions, then the passage? or passage first then the questions? I really need your help.. Im having a hard time answering these questions.. Thanks...

#2 2007-11-22 14:13:41

Identity

Re: Reading comprehension.

Mine's most likely not the best, but I use it in some of my tests. Since the questions are almost always in order (in the tests), I take a look at each question then read each passage that is relevant to that question. And so I read bit by bit.

Last edited by Identity (2007-11-22 14:13:59)

#3 2007-11-22 19:27:33

roel

Re: Reading comprehension.

Identity wrote:

Mine's most likely not the best, but I use it in some of my tests. Since the questions are almost always in order (in the tests), I take a look at each question then read each passage that is relevant to that question. And so I read bit by bit.

thanks... I will try that.. Ideally, how many minutes should you spend for a 5 point reading comprehension test that has a very long passage (entire A4 size paper is filled, with font size)?

Board footer