Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-06 13:28:40

mason777

The math class of darkness...

Once there was a school named calferd middle school they had many different math classes , infact every class was on math. But one class was different... All the smartest kids went there and never came back. So a kid named fred wanted to find out how they dissapear. He asked student after student but no one would answer. Exept for one boy,"hi do you no anything about the class of darkness?" said fred. "If you mean the math class that everyones been dissapearing in yes i know about it. Why do you ask?" the boy asked. "I need to find out whats going on in that class room" said fred. "I dont know but its not normal..."The boy said with confusion." Rinnnng!!! " End of chapter 1eek

Man, what a pain...

#2 2007-11-06 17:01:25

mikau

Re: The math class of darkness...

Chapter 2.

Well that kid was a lot of help, Fred thought as he walked down the hall from his last class. "Yeah I know about it!" he says. What can he tell me? "um...idk, lol!", i've gotten clearer answers from highschool chics on instant messenger. "ZOMG NO!"
But I guess it was stupid of me to ask, Fred thought as he reached the end of the corridor and rounded a corner in the direction of the cafateria. He stopped abruptly. Standing before him was a young vagabond that closely resembled The Artful Dodger from oliver twist.
"Why are you interested in the Class of Darkness?" he said in a raspy voice.
"Who are you?" Fred asked.
"The artful dodger from oliver twist!"
...did he just read my mind?
"why do you want to know about MY class?" he asked
"YOUR class?" fred asked nervously "I didn't know it was-"
"well since you are obviously DYING to get in, i guess I can make room for one more!"
"No no, i didn't say I wanted to"
"our class is in room C4 39 at 10:00 o'clock, don't be late!"
"But there is no fourth flo-'
"DON'T BE LATE!"
"i'm NOT JOINING YOUR CLASS!" fred wheeled around and dashed away.

The following morning, Fred arrived on time for his vector calculus class at 10:15 am and sat down, still feeling shaken by the mysterious encounter.  "15 minutes late" said a familiar raspy voice. Fred looked up and nearly jumped out of his chair as he saw the artful dodger seated at the teachers desk. He then noticed he was surrounded by many of the reportedly missing students. "where is Mr. McGinnley?" fred yelled. His eyes fell on a large jar on the desk that housed a human head. "hh..HOW long has that been there?" fred asked another student, clutching the desk with his fingers. "about 12 years" the student replied. 'it used to be smaller'
Freds last class was yesterday.
"Well what is it there for?" fred asked again.
"Moral support" the teacher said, who had somehow heard his whispering from across the room. "he was my mentor!"
that was enough for Fred. He jumped out of his seat, leaving his books and dove for the door. SMACK! He crashed into a wall. Impossible! the door was gone. There....there was no door!
"There never was a door" the teacher sneered 'so don't trouble yourself'
Fred slumped against the wall, totally defeated. "what...WHAT IS THIS CLASS?"
"this class," the teacher explained "is about 4 dimensional space!"

Last edited by mikau (2007-11-06 17:11:32)

A logarithm is just a misspelled algorithm.

#3 2007-11-07 01:20:09

LuisRodg
Real Member

Im fairly confused...

#4 2007-11-07 01:51:19

mikau

hahahahaa...

A logarithm is just a misspelled algorithm.

#5 2007-11-07 12:54:34

mason777

"what the heck is wrong with this class!?" Fred exclamed as he turned to the person next to him. "Nothing is wrong" the boy said with a grin on his face..."no...no...no..."fred scrame. "huh? It was only a dream, well better get ready for school." he said while putting on a shirt he just so happened to pick up." Hey this isn't my shirt..."he said "Mom! did you go shopping yesterday?" he asked."No" his mother said. "hmm..." Fred wondered as he set the shirt on his bed."hi!" "What the!!?" fred sheeked. "Hi said a girl while climing throw the window that sat next to his dresser."who are you?"
asked fred as he backed away fom the window."Im emily" said the girl. "i came to tell you about that dream that you had." said emily with a smile on her face. "How do YOU know about my dream?" Im from the class!" the girl said."WHAT!!!!!!!!!!????" he said. "you will find out at school."she said."ehhem quiet people!" said the teacher from room 307. "I have an important note for Mr.Fred Wilson."Ok here you go"the teacher said.

Meet me at the flag pole at
10:00 pm dont be late or
you will be in the ///////
the word was blanked off with a pen so he couldn't read it. Fred looked at the clock.9:07 ... the end of chapter 3

Last edited by mason777 (2007-11-07 13:49:01)

Man, what a pain...

#6 2007-11-07 19:12:41

Identity

That night at 9:40pm, Fred crept out of bed and ran to school, which, luckily, was close to his house. There was no-one around. The school was absolutely deserted, and so was the area where the flagpole stood. He looked around, worried. It was now 10:01pm. Cautiously he crept closer to the flagpole, slowly, slowly. Suddenly, from behind the thin flagpole appeared that same mysterious girl he had met earlier on. "How'd you do that!" he gasped. Surely there was no way she could hide behind such a thin flagpole.
"You're late!" she exclaimed, "The /////// is coming now, hurry!" She started running, and Fred followed her, not knowing to do anything else. "Don't turn around!" she said. Fred turned around. Behind them stalked a fuzzy cloud of infinite darkness, which warped the surrounding space in such a way that up could not be discerned from down. It was catching up fast. Knowing they would not escape in time, the girl took his hand, took out an oddly shapen gadget of some sort, and pressed the red button on it. The Big. Red. Button. The button which was below a label saying "Do not Press".

End of Chapter 4

Last edited by Identity (2007-11-07 19:13:17)

#7 2007-11-08 14:32:39

mason777

WHOOSH They sudenly ended up in a nother demention or in this case the math class of darkness. "why are we here?"said fred as he looked around the room " Because We want you to be our teacher" The class said together with a bor in there voices. Suddenly fred was in the teachers desk... "wheres the teacher?" fred scrame as he struggled to break free.
He's in this jar...Suddenly a jar appeared infront of his face...The thing in the jar looked fermilar. It was him... "What the heck is that?!" fred sheaked as he struggled out of the chair and stood up."Are you crazy?"he said with fear as he reached for the nearest weapon of some sort... Fortunetly for fred he came across a table with the gadget emily had previeslly use to warp to the class he pushed the button...And ended up in the hall way next to room 375... he was at the top floor. "hey you over there." "who me?" fred asked "yeah you"said the voice "I know how to destroy the math class of darkness...
                                          End of book 1
              please dont post book two here I will open another thread to post Book 2

Man, what a pain...

Board footer