Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-29 09:12:19

luca-deltodesco

buddhabrot's revisited

this could go in coders corner, but its more to do with the topic itself than how its been programmed.

i decided to go back to buddhabrots and ive made a series of 5 images getting more and more complex showing the progression of the budhabrot as it goes through more iterations:

the last one is actually rendered the same size, but i couldnt compress it enough without having artefacts to fit kb restriction so i made it smaller instead.

im going to leave the computer running over the night to try and render a deeply iterated one (i.e. something like 40000 iterations, so it literally would take upwards of 12 hours to render - the 2048 iteration one took about 25minutes)

the canvas for each one is 900x900, and the points chosen to be iterated is 80 randomly picked points from within the cell boundary of every pixel, so 900x900x80 points are iterated, the number of the file name is obviously the number of times each point is iterated

The Beginning Of All Things To End.
The End Of All Things To Come.

#2 2007-09-29 10:36:09

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: buddhabrot's revisited

Nice. But the order seems wrong.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2007-09-29 18:32:21

luca-deltodesco

Re: buddhabrot's revisited

yeh, it mixed it up when i uploaded, i did upload them in the right order on the post, but they didnt come out in the right order.

the right order is ofcourse, bottom one, top left, second from right, right, second from left.

also the way i like to think about this method of rendering, is that rather than being a graph of which points will escape when iterated, its rather a graph of the probability of a point passing through that point in the graph when escaping.

Last edited by luca-deltodesco (2007-09-29 18:34:05)

The Beginning Of All Things To End.
The End Of All Things To Come.

Board footer