Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-26 08:00:22

mathsyperson

Blackflip

I found this game a few days ago, and I liked it so I thought I'd share.

If you've played the DS game Polarium, it's basically an internetised tribute to that.
It's kind of hard to explain, but I'll try. You've got a grid of black and white squares, and you need to draw a path along it. When your path is finished, all the squares on it will flip (so, black <-> white) and you need to design your path such that all horizontal rows on the grid will be of one colour after flipping. Bad explanation, but it's easy enough to pick up.

The thing I like most about this is that anyone can submit new puzzles (as long as they're proven to be solvable) and so hundreds more could conceivably be added between your visits. The small downside is that they're not moderated much, so you could stumble on a bit of foul language.

There's a rating system in place so that you can find puzzles at your level, and I'm proud to say that the one puzzle I made is currently sitting at ~5.5/6. Anyway, that's enough from me.

Go and play. smile

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#2 2007-11-08 06:43:31

johnathon2
Real Member

Re: Blackflip

i like this game because it is challenging

great things come from great minds

#3 2007-11-08 09:32:00

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Blackflip

The graphics and interface are excellent ... I wish i could do that.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer