Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-06-10 01:27:51

Browneyes129

difference in learning

"Evey one learns in a differint way..." thats what my math teacher Mrs.edwards would always say. it could be hands on, visualy, indevidualy, ect. for me i had a problem in math for a long time. i would try hard but wasn't very good at it. Untill I had my second year of seventh grade. Then I had Mrs. Edwards. she always did every thing she could to make sure we knew the material. she tought us in many differint was. But I found out that I learn better with hands on type stuff, & with my teacher helping me. It may make you look like a teachers pet a little, but hey atleast you understand it. find out what tricks helps you learn better and easyer. and stick to it!

#2 2005-06-10 10:50:50

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: difference in learning

Most excellent advice.

It is, after all, your entire future that depends on it.

(BTW I try to provide different ways of learning on this website (explanations, discussion, puzzles, worksheets), but I could do more.)

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2005-06-10 10:56:49

Zach

Re: difference in learning

I work best alone. Fear my solitary learning powers.

Boy let me tell you what:
I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

Board footer