Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-29 00:32:58

LQ
Real Member

Teaching methods discussion for teacher students etc.

I smithed together this simple method today, the following method:

Ask 10 (or X in general) groupsorting questions, hardest first.
All who agreed with the first answer and "knew" the same answer as the questioned make a group, the group is not questioned again unless it is too big.
Ask it to some other student and yet another group can form.
Repeat with next question.
Withing the group, one at a time interpret the text read to eachother silently for later discussion purpose.
Then discuss one at a time silently in the group all the same sentence, sentence for sentence.
Questions that arise are asked to the teacher by handraising.

Please give comments and good advice. Perhaps some other good teaching methods please.

Last edited by LQ (2007-08-29 02:28:39)

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#2 2007-08-29 00:36:41

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Teaching methods discussion for teacher students etc.

Can you give a real example? Questions and sample answers, etc?

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2007-08-29 01:08:34

LQ
Real Member

Well I was thinking, for instance in chemistry, the latest chapter questions, hardest first and that would be bound to work.
Then in math their opinion on how you solve a mathproblem, I have no concrete examples. You only sort them on how they answer, there are no certain answers in the sorting.

Last edited by LQ (2007-08-29 01:12:19)

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#4 2007-08-29 02:30:31

LQ
Real Member

Edit: Some errors fixed.

Board footer