Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-04 04:03:36

ron_28

HI to all

I was actually browsing the net to look for some quotations in mathematics with a touch of excellence in it  the reason why I landed here. Hi people Im Ron I have already browsed almost all the topics in this site and Im pretty sure this site would be of great help to me. So my advance thanks to the moderators and of course the brain of this site.up In return, I hope I could also be of help to you.

Last edited by ron_28 (2007-06-04 04:05:04)

#2 2007-06-04 09:29:39

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: HI to all

Hi Ron,

Tell us a bit more about yourself ... background, job, whatever you feel like saying smile

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2007-06-05 02:17:32

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: HI to all

Hi Ron_28,
Welcome to the forum!
Here are some quotations:-
The primary question was not what do we know, but how do we know it. – Aristotle
In mathematics the art of proposing a question must be held of higher value than solving it. - Georg Cantor
The charm [of mathematics] lies chiefly in the absolute certainty of its results; for that is what, beyond all mental treasures, the human intellect craves for. Let us be sure of something! More light, more light! - Lewis Carroll
As for everything else, so for a mathematical theory: beauty can be perceived but not explained. - Arthur Cayley

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer