Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-30 00:07:44

xxbubblexx

hiya everyone!!

HIya, I just registered today. I joined because i am rubbish at maths but need to pass my end of year exams so I thought this might help.

Just to tell you a bit more about me. I'm 14 years old and i ahv to get a good mark in my test to get in to a good set next year in GCSE. My whole family is really good at maths apart from me. lol. I love horse riding and my fav subject is History. Does anyone else like these things?? wave bye for now!! wink:D;)

;P don't change for anyone else, just be who you really are ;P

#2 2007-05-30 00:18:51

Devantè
Real Member

Re: hiya everyone!!

Welcome xxbubblexx. You could have put this in your other thread, though, editing your post.

You're ridden a horse before? Lucky you. smile

Welcome to Maths Is Fun. We'll be sure to aid you all the time. smile

#3 2007-05-30 00:26:29

mathsyperson

Hope you don't mind, but I merged your two topics together to make the forum a bit neater.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Post any problems you have in the Help Me section and someone'll be sure to, uh, help you.

I can't tell whether I like horseriding or not, because I'm allergic to them. big_smile

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#4 2007-05-30 01:07:49

Devantè
Real Member

I've never heard of anyone with an allergy to horses before. Interesting. Luckily my only allergy is from flowers; Hayfever.

#5 2007-05-30 01:33:50

LQ
Real Member

Devantè wrote:

I've never heard of anyone with an allergy to horses before. Interesting. Luckily my only allergy is from flowers; Hayfever.

And you've never heard a horse having that, have you?

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#6 2007-05-30 03:58:41

Daniel123

Hey xxbubblexx! welcome to the forum smile:). I have never been horse riding so i wouldn't know.. but my sister goes every weekend and she loves it! I like history as well.. although physics/maths are probably my favourite subjects.

Edit: I'm also in the middle of my GCSE's! so if anyone knows the current way maths is taught at GCSE its me smile:) so feel free to ask me anything. big_smile

Last edited by Daniel123 (2007-05-30 05:36:51)

#7 2007-05-30 04:13:50

Ma+th=fun

my cousin is allergic 2 horses but ive ridden one big_smile

And welcome!!! big_smile

I love pi. big_smile

#8 2007-05-30 10:38:10

Big Mac

Hi Bubble - Just started using this forum too - its good fun and lots of decent people posting helpful messages. If you have any probs with GCSE work just let me know (been teaching it for many moooons now!) Have fun on the website. Bye for now.

I think, therefore I am.

#9 2007-06-03 03:35:34

xxbubblexx

mathsyperson wrote:

Hope you don't mind, but I merged your two topics together to make the forum a bit neater.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Post any problems you have in the Help Me section and someone'll be sure to, uh, help you.

I can't tell whether I like horseriding or not, because I'm allergic to them. big_smile

Thanx for merging my posts together. i will defo put my questions in the HELP ME section. thanx for the tip.dizzy

btw, what happens when you get near horses???

#10 2007-06-03 18:51:31

U7109
Real Member

Devantè wrote:

I've got a bad allergy to Penicillin. I come out in a rash, I have the worst possible headaches and I feel sick. And I can't drink any milk except Soy milk, because I get violent stomach pains if I do.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination," ~ John Lennon

#11 2007-06-04 03:42:02

xxbubblexx

hey thats too bad, does that mean you can't eat chocolate??

#12 2007-06-04 03:53:06

Devantè
Real Member

Huh?

Penicillin; An antibiotic drug used to treat infection.

The most famous of all antibiotics, named for the fungal mold Penicillium notatum from which it is derived. Penicillin acts by destroying the cell wall of bacteria.

Penicillin is active against a number of types of bacteria including Streptococcus pneumoniae, Listeria, Neisseria gonorrhoea, Clostridium, Peptococcus, and Peptostreptococcus.

Most staphylococci now are resistant to penicillin. Today, manyderivatives of penicillin are available which act on more types of bacteria than penicillin itself.

The name "penicillium" was taken from the Latin "penicillum" meaning "a painter's brush" because the fronds of the fungus were thought to look like a painter's brush.

Penicillin (sometimes abbreviated PCN) refers to a group of β-lactam antibiotics used in the treatment of bacterial infections caused by susceptible, usually Gram-positive, organisms. The name “penicillin” can also be used in reference to a specific member of the penicillin group Penam Skeleton, which has the molecular formula R-C[sub]9[/sub]H[sub]11[/sub]N[sub]2[/sub]O[sub]4[/sub]S, where R is a variable side chain.

Also, Penicillin is the name of a Japanese rock band. big_smile

Board footer