Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-26 19:29:52

Devantè
Real Member

So The Season of LOST Has Ended ... [ LOST Discussion Thread ]

(permission to move if this thread is in the wrong place or is somewhat unsuitable for this forum)

Well, most of us watched the finale on Wednesday. What are everyone's opinions on it? I guess that it was almost perfect for a finale. However, a lot of people read LostFan108's spoilers (he had written an entire spoiler storyline), and were angry on Wednesday because they had discovered that he was right. So, just to clarify, LostFan108 is likely to be working with the LOST producers and has illegally leaked out spoilers to the general public.

Anyway, back to the topic itself. Since this is a children's forum and rated [15], please put ALL unsuitable violence, blood and gorey references in Hide Tags. Failure to do so will result in your post being reported and dealt with by a moderator.

Opinions on the show? Discoveries about the mathematics and mythology of the island?

#2 2007-05-27 00:50:46

mathsyperson

Re: So The Season of LOST Has Ended ... [ LOST Discussion Thread ]

Gah. I am very annoyed at the LOST producers. They showed the first 2 series' on terrestrial TV and got me addicted, and then they went and moved it to Sky. The even more annoying part is that I had Sky, but then they went and had an argument with Virgin and as a result I lost it. So I only managed to watch around the first 4 episodes.

I think it's fairly safe to guess that the viewing figures will have significantly dropped due to this. People like me will have been forced to stop watching it, and the move to Sky won't exactly attract any new viewers, because it would be impossible to understand what was going on if you hadn't watched the first two series'. That rant is based only on what happened in the UK. I have no idea if they've done anything similarly annoying in other places.

Anyway, I probably won't be looking at this thread again in case spoilers start to pop up. Sorry for being possibly off-topic, I just needed to vent.

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#3 2007-05-27 08:05:33

Stanley_Marsh

I thought it's very attractive with those mysterious number and alien things , but turned out that wasnt the point ..disappointed.

Numbers are the essence of the Universe

#4 2007-05-28 06:09:58

mikau

the comments below contian SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't seen it! But if you haven't seen this episode and don't want it spoiled for you, you shouldn't be reading this thread.

Well I thought it was a really great finale, never a dull moment I thought.The flash forward to post island life and jacks enebriated state chilled me to the bone.

Charlie's death really mad me sad. Think there's any chance of him still being alive or coming back as a ghost? sad Poor Claire, everyone else made out okay but no one will be returning to her. sad I love claire! I want to cry! I really think that was dumb of charlie, I'm sure claire would have preffered he stayed on the island with her than to help her escape the island alone. To add insult to injury, it looks like Naomi is NOT a member of a rescue team and cannot be trusted. So it looks like charlie's sacrifice was in vain.

So sad! sad

Last edited by mikau (2007-05-28 06:11:03)

A logarithm is just a misspelled algorithm.

#5 2007-05-28 19:51:04

Devantè
Real Member

After seeing this on Wednesday I realised that there was so much untold.

SPOILERS:

More spoilers to come!

#6 2007-05-29 05:41:50

mikau

why do people like to read spoilers so much? Aren't they just that? Spoilers?

#7 2007-05-29 05:55:27

Devantè
Real Member

Because it increase the tension and makes us even more impatient for the next season to start. It's theraputic to read spoilers. big_smile

#8 2007-05-29 06:33:27

mikau

bwahahaha. Yeah, but then where's the thrill in watching it when you already know whats going to happen?

#9 2007-05-29 06:39:11

Devantè
Real Member

But there's the catch. About 95% of spoilers do not give away the storyline, only hints. Even if you read spoilers like on Spoilerfix.com, the episode won't be revealed. The LOST Producers and other people who work with the ABC would never (and should never, by terms of service) give away the storyline in any way. It's hard to explain. Episode-specific spoilers only tell you about 1% of an event, eg. 'There will be a showdown between Jack and another character' was a spoiler for the season finale, it doesn't give anything away, right?

Board footer