Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#1 2007-04-07 12:22:38

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Offline

Easter Greetings 2007

May the spirit of Easter be with you all!

(And don't eat TOO much chocolate)


"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman
 

#2 2007-04-07 13:26:01

Zhylliolom
Real Member

Offline

Re: Easter Greetings 2007

Don't worry, I don't really like chocolate all that much.

 

#3 2007-04-07 19:02:52

U7109
Real Member

Offline

Re: Easter Greetings 2007

I got an easter egg today... finished it in one bite. I love chocolate! big_smile


"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination," ~ John Lennon
 

#4 2007-04-08 05:36:07

Devantè
Real Member

Offline

Re: Easter Greetings 2007

Happy Easter, everyone.

Also, I hate Easter Eggs. Easter is not about chocolate or small chickens with orange beaks and googly-eyes.

 

#5 2007-04-09 02:33:44

rida
Real Member

Offline

Re: Easter Greetings 2007

or cute little white rabbits


Dreams don't come true, you gotta make them come true.
 

#6 2007-04-09 02:52:22

luca-deltodesco
Super Member
Award: Wink Alive

Offline

Re: Easter Greetings 2007

devante, yes, however, you can always if you feel like it associate the egg with new life, and the chocolate part as part of the celebration.


The Beginning Of All Things To End.
The End Of All Things To Come.
 

#7 2007-04-09 03:28:23

Devantè
Real Member

Offline

Re: Easter Greetings 2007

Yes, there's that part as well, but I also think that they should teach young members of society what Easter is about. I mean, we don't want people growing up and saying that Easter is about chocolate eggs, now, do we? big_smile

 

#8 2007-04-09 13:30:15

U7109
Real Member

Offline

Re: Easter Greetings 2007

I'm actually a Christian, so I know what Easter is about. When I lived back in England I went to a Christian school, so I went to church services on Easter Sunday. I think they ended up making easter eggs as a symbol of rebirth, new life. The chocolate is about the celebration of new life. But I just don't know why they brought a chicken and bunny into the picture...


"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination," ~ John Lennon
 

#9 2007-04-09 16:58:04

Devantè
Real Member

Offline

Re: Easter Greetings 2007

Choco wrote:

I'm actually a Christian, so I know what Easter is about. When I lived back in England I went to a Christian school, so I went to church services on Easter Sunday. I think they ended up making easter eggs as a symbol of rebirth, new life. The chocolate is about the celebration of new life. But I just don't know why they brought a chicken and bunny into the picture...

Something to hatch from the egg, I guess. It may be connected to the 'What came first; Chicken or Egg?' question, but I have no idea how bunnies came about.

 

#10 2007-04-10 01:25:59

lightning
Real Member

Offline

Re: Easter Greetings 2007

MathsIsFun wrote:

May the spirit of Easter be with you all!

(And don't eat TOO much chocolate)

well since i can't do it now cause i've ate it all i will keep it in mind for next year like in the simpsons wresteling when ned prays then hes doubled


Zappzter - New IM app! Unsure of which room to join? "ZNU" is made to help new users. c:
 

#11 2007-04-10 16:04:32

U7109
Real Member

Offline

Re: Easter Greetings 2007

Devantè wrote:

Something to hatch from the egg, I guess. It may be connected to the 'What came first; Chicken or Egg?' question, but I have no idea how bunnies came about.

My guess is the Easter Bunny was invented by someone thinking a bunny as the 'Messanger Of God' by hopping all over the world and giving new life to all of God's creation in the form of chocolate easter eggs.


"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination," ~ John Lennon
 

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB