Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-28 06:37:28

Amit

Is online tutoring in Math effective?

Is online tutoring in Math effective?

#2 2007-03-28 06:59:46

Devantè
Real Member

Re: Is online tutoring in Math effective?

I'm not sure, it depends on what online tutor you are using. I heard that ConquerMaths is quite good, but I'm not sure that it is a good offer as the price is insane.

#3 2007-03-28 07:06:29

Amit

Devantè wrote:

I'm not sure, it depends on what online tutor you are using. I heard that ConquerMaths is quite good, but I'm not sure that it is a good offer as the price is insane.

but how much is the price???
any website where we can get quality math tutoring for low prices?

#4 2007-03-28 07:08:53

mathsyperson

I heard that this one is quite good.

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#5 2007-03-28 07:12:59

Devantè
Real Member

Not really a tutor, but pretty close. I don't think the purpose of this website was to tutor people. More for the learning side.

#6 2007-03-29 02:43:07

egeniius

Most of the online tutoring services you will find offer very sparse tutoring schedules, where you may get to meet with a tutor online or join an online chat once a week, or once a month. Alternatively, they may offer you the convenience of scheduling sessions, most of the time for an additional fee.

When you join a tutoring service what you wind up getting is access to tutorials, videos, exercises and, hopefully - but not always, a forum (rarely as active as this).

I have found that, with most online tutors, they don't offer me anything that I don't already have in my course material or cannot find for free somewhere else.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I can imagine that if you don't have any local tutors and/or you have a hard time paying attention in class; these services could be of use to you.

"Pi is exactly three!" - Professor Frink

#7 2007-03-30 19:11:16

Devantè
Real Member

I heard that you can get online mathematical and academical tutoring online in video services such as YouTube or Google Video. You'd be surprised what kind of things people submit to them that are really helpful academic-wise.

Board footer