Co-ordinates and Bearings
This thread might have quite a few pictures in it to help you. In fact, 60% of the first ten questions are made up of pictures...anyway, have fun!
1. Point "A" has co-ordinates ( , )
2. Point "B" has co-ordinates ( , )
For questions 3-5 you will need to copy the grid onto squared paper (or regular paper if you do not have access to any). If you can do it without the paper, then that is absolutely fine.
3. Plot the points J(2,3), K(4, 7) and L(6,3). What is the name of triangle JKL?
4. Plot the points P(0, -6), Q(1, -4), R(4, -6) and S(1, -8). What is the name of the quadrilateral PQRS?
5. WXYZ is a rectangle. The coordinates of W, X and Y are (-7, 4), (-4, 6) and (0, 0) respectively. What are the coordinates of point Z?
6. Adam is walking in a NW direction. Asha is walking in the opposite direction. In which direction is Asha walking?
7. Peter is walking in a SE direction. Write this information as a 3-figure bearing.
In questions 8-10, find the 3-figure bearing of X from Y.