Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-12 10:33:21

Merrybeth

Don't you think teachers can have a bad and good side?Check here.

Take this poll.

Teachers can:

A)RUIN OUR LIVES AND DESTROY US!
B)BE GOOD AND KIND
C)DO BOTH.

Answer with reply.
Think throughly

Now answer to this.
YES or NO.         Why?

Teachers are pretty nice sometimes because they assign us to trips and let us somtimes sit where we want or do what we want.

BUT we shouldn't give teachers a break, right?

#2 2006-06-12 16:25:17

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Don't you think teachers can have a bad and good side?Check here.

A) NO
B) YES
C) NO

Reasons:- I have seen many teachers who are extremely sweet and kind. I have also seen some teachers who are a bit rude. I'd say, the rule is, teachers do wonders.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2006-06-14 09:09:58

Annonymous

I would go with B.
If teachers have a good side, somewhere else you see them with the most worst dark side.

Yes it is true but we shouldn't give teachers a break because it could give us a bad reputation to be nice. It is sort of like a life cycle between the teachers and students. Just like it is a life cycle between the cool and uncool.:lol:

#4 2006-08-02 09:49:35

flo

I would have to feel sorry for you since you only have 2 replies. So i will reply.
And I say A

My website is created!

#5 2006-08-07 21:10:06

espeon
Real Member

i say a cause my teacher is diabolical,chaotic,idiotic,annoying,irritating,naggy,rude,racist and i can go on forever but i wont bore u to death

Presenting the Prinny dance.
Take this dood! Huh doood!!! HUH DOOOOD!?!? DOOD HUH!!!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 2006-08-07 21:47:57

Zhylliolom
Real Member

I find that the most sadistic teachers give the most benefits -- at least in my case. I had an American history "professor" who was incredibly rigorous, and made your grade something you have to earn. "Professor" is in quotes because he is a high school teacher, but he was a college preparatory crazy kind of guy. Every time someone would complain about the volume of work, he'd bring out a chart comparing high school and college, and often some statistics and the horrible lives of slackers(he had statistics on EVERYTHING, and he'd bring them out at any random situation that could use them). Every class was 90 minutes of lecture. All reading was done at home, no study guides were offered. Tests were usually over 200 pages of material from the book, and the format was primarily essay, with many topics directly from inclass lecture. Papers and additional readings were frequent and tedious. I lost many nights of sleep to this course. This man knew if you wrote a paper just to get it done, and it was likely that he would make a fool out of you in front of the class if you were particularly lazy. Despite how horrible this all sounds, I am very happy to have had him as a teacher. It was the first time I had to actually work for an A, and it felt good to get it. I feel that my writing and note-taking skills benefited substantially due to the class. Someday when I'm in college I'm going to email this man and thank him for what he has done.

Last edited by Zhylliolom (2006-08-07 21:49:14)

#7 2006-08-07 22:24:20

espeon
Real Member

no wonder i cant understand u ur from high school im going to high school now cause i just went through year 6 im nervous

Take this dood! Huh doood!!! HUH DOOOOD!?!? DOOD HUH!!!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 2006-08-09 06:07:22

flo

Zhylliolom wrote:

I find that the most sadistic teachers give the most benefits -- at least in my case. I had an American history "professor" who was incredibly rigorous, and made your grade something you have to earn. "Professor" is in quotes because he is a high school teacher, but he was a college preparatory crazy kind of guy. Every time someone would complain about the volume of work, he'd bring out a chart comparing high school and college, and often some statistics and the horrible lives of slackers(he had statistics on EVERYTHING, and he'd bring them out at any random situation that could use them). Every class was 90 minutes of lecture. All reading was done at home, no study guides were offered. Tests were usually over 200 pages of material from the book, and the format was primarily essay, with many topics directly from inclass lecture. Papers and additional readings were frequent and tedious. I lost many nights of sleep to this course. This man knew if you wrote a paper just to get it done, and it was likely that he would make a fool out of you in front of the class if you were particularly lazy. Despite how horrible this all sounds, I am very happy to have had him as a teacher. It was the first time I had to actually work for an A, and it felt good to get it. I feel that my writing and note-taking skills benefited substantially due to the class. Someday when I'm in college I'm going to email this man and thank him for what he has done.

you write too much for a theory.

My website is created!

#9 2006-08-09 10:21:16

Zhylliolom
Real Member

I wrote hardly anything, so I could spare you all the complete breathtaking and emotional story. That was just a brief introduction.

#10 2006-08-09 20:09:24

espeon
Real Member

that scares me

#11 2006-08-14 08:13:56

flo

espeon wrote:

that scares me

me too

My website is created!

#12 2006-08-14 09:39:14

MathsIsFun
Administrator

I had some really nasty teachers, and some ones that were so nice we never got any work done.

But the best teacher I ever had was actually quite mild. He would describe something with neat drawings on the board. Then give us a few well-paced problems to solve, then a hand-out. Then back to board discussions. I think "smooth" would be the word. Anyway, I thought he was slow until in week 5 he asked us to do some exercises from the text book and we were half way through! I wish I could bottle his magic.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#13 2006-08-14 10:39:48

flo

MathsIsFun wrote:

I had some really nasty teachers, and some ones that were so nice we never got any work done.

But the best teacher I ever had was actually quite mild. He would describe something with neat drawings on the board. Then give us a few well-paced problems to solve, then a hand-out. Then back to board discussions. I think "smooth" would be the word. Anyway, I thought he was slow until in week 5 he asked us to do some exercises from the text book and we were half way through! I wish I could bottle his magic.

lol that sounds cool

My website is created!

#14 2006-08-15 00:05:36

espeon
Real Member

wish my new teacher could be like that. my geography teacher is nice though(on intake day she taught us )

lol i found out shes mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa shes way mean i have a pink slip detention cause i forgot to bring my homework and i went to room 25 and shewas demonic so teachers are all bad

Last edited by espeon (2006-09-16 21:51:50)

#15 2006-08-15 00:28:23

Devantè
Real Member

I'd have to say the nicest teacher is my English teacher (but she also teaches Media). As Ganesh stated - Teachers do wonders. And to answer the question fully:

A) No
B) Yes
C) No
D) Yes
E) Yes and no

#16 2006-08-16 09:47:03

flo

totally!!

My website is created!

#17 2006-08-18 03:31:02

Devantè
Real Member

I also think teachers usually have one side, actually. Well, from what I've seen...

I'm now officially a Power Member, BTW. big_smile

Last edited by Devanté (2006-08-18 03:31:28)

#18 2006-08-18 06:58:26

flo

Devanté wrote:

I also think teachers usually have one side, actually. Well, from what I've seen...

I'm now officially a Power Member, BTW. big_smile

cool. How long does it take to become one Devante?

My website is created!

#19 2006-08-21 06:59:15

Devantè
Real Member

You need 250 posts...if you want to be one fast, you'll have to be very active. wink

I haven't been active lately because I've been away.

But back on-topic, some teachers and TAs can actually be quite racist (well, none that I know of from my school...yet) to pupils. In a somewhat sneaky way.

#20 2006-08-23 07:19:41

flo

well, that will take me a while

My website is created!

Board footer