Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-08 06:25:59

Ricky

Latex - centering

I've been trying to figure out how to center thigns in latex for the past few days, to no avail.  The most obvious way is to do:

\begin{center}
...Stuff here...
\end{center}

But that doesn't work with the forum, as all \begin & \end don't work.  Anyone have any idea?

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#2 2006-06-08 06:41:51

Patrick
Real Member

Re: Latex - centering

I think the problem is, that the thing inside that math-tag is made into a picture.. So if you want to center it, mathsisfun should use css to center all latex pictures for example...

Support MathsIsFun.com by clicking on the banners.
What music do I listen to? Clicky click

#3 2006-06-08 10:20:08

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Latex - centering

Not an answer exactly, but LaTeX is a "whole document" formatter, like .pdf or .doc. But for the forum we we only want a "snippet".

So I take your Latex, and wrap it in some other Latex that says "format this with no margins" and has other stuff like \documentclass, \begin and \end which Latex needs.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer