Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-03 16:35:01

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Ceases Quotes - I

Ceases Quotes - I

1. Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself. - Khalil Gibran

2. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. - George Bernard Shaw

3. Home life ceases to be free and beautiful as soon as it is founded on borrowing and debt. - Henrik Ibsen

4. As soon as man enters into a state of society he loses the sense of his weakness; equality ceases, and then commences the state of war. - Montesquieu

5. Either life entails courage, or it ceases to be life. - E. M. Forster

6. Whenever you put a man on the Supreme Court he ceases to be your friend. - Harry S Truman

7. No enterprise can exist for itself alone. It ministers to some great need, it performs some great service, not for itself, but for others; or failing therein, it ceases to be profitable and ceases to exist. - Calvin Coolidge

8. It wasn't until we got over the self pity that we were able to accept suffering as apart of our life with Christ. A man or woman reaches this plane only when he or she ceases to be the hero. - Corazon Aquino

9. The proletariat uses the State not in the interests of freedom but in order to hold down its adversaries, and as soon as it becomes possible to speak of freedom the State as such ceases to exist. - Friedrich Engels

10. The sea does not belong to despots. Upon its surface men can still exercise unjust laws, fight, tear one another to pieces, and be carried away with terrestrial horrors. But at thirty feet below its level, their reign ceases, their influence is quenched, and their power disappears. - Jules Verne

11. Take from the philosopher the pleasure of being heard and his desire for knowledge ceases. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

12. Beauty deprived of its proper foils and adjuncts ceases to be enjoyed as beauty, just as light deprived of all shadows ceases to be enjoyed as light. - John Ruskin.

the-keyboard-that-never-ceases-to-amaze-me-v0-y4n5u2vdtzfc1.jpeg?s=b81c26a06f7a555ecf2e3339691b012d3e26085c

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer