Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-31 17:24:23

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Cease Quotes - I

Cease Quotes - I

1. There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will. - Epictetus

2. Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death. - Albert Einstein

3. In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you. - Leo Tolstoy

4. We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. - T. S. Eliot

5. Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule. - Buddha

6. If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. - Eleanor Roosevelt

7. What kind of people do they think we are? Is it possible they do not realize that we shall never cease to persevere against them until they have been taught a lesson which they and the world will never forget? - Winston Churchill

8. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. - George Bernard Shaw

9. The race of mankind would perish did they cease to aid each other. We cannot exist without mutual help. All therefore that need aid have a right to ask it from their fellow-men; and no one who has the power of granting can refuse it without guilt. - Walter Scott

10. Cease to inquire what the future has in store, and take as a gift whatever the day brings forth. - Horace

11. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley

12. All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence. - Otto von Bismarck.

cease.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer