Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-26 22:05:07

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Caused Quotes - I

Caused Quotes - I

1. Beauty is not caused. It is. - Emily Dickinson

2. Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes. - Voltaire

3. Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment. - Dale Carnegie

4. Success or failure in business is caused more by the mental attitude even than by mental capacities. - Walter Scott

5. If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin. - Charles Darwin

6. Religious wars are not caused by the fact that there is more than one religion, but by the spirit of intolerance... the spread of which can only be regarded as the total eclipse of human reason. - Montesquieu

7. Experience never errs; it is only your judgments that err by promising themselves effects such as are not caused by your experiments. - Leonardo da Vinci

8. Gravity must be caused by an Agent acting constantly according to certain laws, but whether this Agent be material or immaterial I have left to the consideration of my readers. - Isaac Newton

9. Bank failures are caused by depositors who don't deposit enough money to cover losses due to mismanagement. - Dan Quayle

10. When I was two, a dragonfly flew near me. A man knocked it to the ground and trod on it. I remember crying because I'd caused the dragonfly to be killed. - Jane Goodall

11. Boredom is... a vital problem for the moralist, since half the sins of mankind are caused by the fear of it. - Bertrand Russell

12. The desire of excessive power caused the angels to fall; the desire of knowledge caused men to fall. - Francis Bacon.

w1600.webp

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer