Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-25 17:26:02

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Cause Quotes - V

Cause Quotes - V

1. The natural cause of the human mind is certainly from credulity to skepticism. - Thomas Jefferson

2. A very small cause which escapes our notice determines a considerable effect that we cannot fail to see, and then we say that the effect is due to chance. - Henri Poincare

3. I'm sick to death of famous people standing up and using their celebrity to promote a cause. If I see a particular need, I do try to help. But there's a lot that can be achieved by putting a check in the right place and shutting up about it. - Russell Crowe

4. Absolute identity with one's cause is the first and great condition of successful leadership. - Woodrow Wilson

5. I hope to stand firm enough to not go backward, and yet not go forward fast enough to wreck the country's cause. - Abraham Lincoln

6. Many a man will have the courage to die gallantly, but will not have the courage to say, or even to think, that the cause for which he is asked to die is an unworthy one. - Bertrand Russell

7. Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him. - Blaise Pascal

8. Our insignificance is often the cause of our safety. - Aesop

9. I've been a staunch advocate of women's empowerment, and I've worked hard throughout my career to advance the cause. It is heartening to see that gender equality is really becoming more of a reality. There is still much more to be done, and I'm confident that, by working together, we can empower women worldwide. - Madhuri Dixit

10. The painter who is familiar with the nature of the sinews, muscles, and tendons, will know very well, in giving movement to a limb, how many and which sinews cause it; and which muscle, by swelling, causes the contraction of that sinew; and which sinews, expanded into the thinnest cartilage, surround and support the said muscle. - Leonardo da Vinci

11. Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause. - Mahatma Gandhi

12. As president, I will bring all the parties and stakeholders together. I am going to come up with a solution that respects the environment and does not cause an upheaval in the economy. - Al Gore.

Cause-and-Effect-1-1080x598.jpg?lossy=2&strip=1&webp=1

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer