Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-24 01:03:06

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Cause Quotes - II

Cause Quotes - II

1. An explanation of cause is not a justification by reason. - C. S. Lewis

2. There's a tremendous difference between alone and lonely. You could be lonely in a group of people. I like being alone. I like eating by myself. I go home at night and just watch a movie or hang out with my dog. I have to exert myself and really say, oh God, I've got to see my friends 'cause I'm too content being by myself. - Drew Barrymore

3. Want of money and the distress of a thief can never be alleged as the cause of his thieving, for many honest people endure greater hardships with fortitude. We must therefore seek the cause elsewhere than in want of money, for that is the miser's passion, not the thief s. - William Blake

4. I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. - Thomas Jefferson

5. Truth never damages a cause that is just. - Mahatma Gandhi

6. A man has cause for regret only when he sows and no one reaps. - Charles Goodyear

7. With ideas it is like with dizzy heights you climb: At first they cause you discomfort and you are anxious to get down, distrustful of your own powers; but soon the remoteness of the turmoil of life and the inspiring influence of the altitude calm your blood; your step gets firm and sure and you begin to look - for dizzier heights. - Nikola Tesla

8. Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause. - Voltaire

9. The keenest sorrow is to recognize ourselves as the sole cause of all our adversities. - Sophocles

10. The X is an amazing car, but we kind of got carried away with the art and technology. Obviously, you want great art. You want great technology. But we did get a little distracted from our mission, which was to advance the cause of electric vehicles. And it probably delayed us a little bit with the Model 3 as well. - Elon Musk

11. Courage consists not in hazarding without fear; but being resolutely minded in a just cause. - Plutarch

12. I would rather discover one true cause than gain the kingdom of Persia. - Democritus.

Difference-Between-Cause-and-Reason-300x200.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer