Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-12-23 15:43:00

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Carries Quotes - I

Carries Quotes - I

1. A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain

2. Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom. - John F. Kennedy

3. Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence. - Louis Pasteur

4. He, who every morning plans the transactions of the day, and follows that plan, carries a thread that will guide him through a labyrinth of the most busy life. - Victor Hugo

5. The body politic, as well as the human body, begins to die as soon as it is born, and carries itself the causes of its destruction. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

6. I'm an optimist, but an optimist who carries a raincoat. - Harold Wilson

7. All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it. - Samuel Johnson

8. A boy carries out suggestions more wholeheartedly when he understands their aim. - Robert Baden-Powell

9. A half truth, like half a brick, is always more forcible as an argument than a whole one. It carries better. - Stephen Leacock

10. The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair. - Audrey Hepburn

11. I'm a person that carries everything that happened to me in my past, with me into the future. I refuse to let it make me bitter. I still completely believe in love and I remain open to anything that will happen to me. - Nicole Kidman

12. If you are a natural scientist, a publication the journal Science carries enormous prestige. - Abhijit Banerjee.

1569583573-professor_carries_baby.jpg?tr=w-600,h-450,fo-auto

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer