Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-14 18:46:06

sologuitar

Volume of Storage Tank

Emma needs to order liquid fertilizer for her landscaping company. She plans to keep the fertilizer in a large cylindrical storage tank, but isn’t sure how much it will hold. The tank is 10 feet tall and the circular base has a radius of 5 feet. What is the volume of her storage tank?

Let me see.

I found the volume of a cylinder formula online to be V = pi•r^2• h, where r = radius and h = height.

V = pi(5)^2(10)

V = pi(25)(10)

V = 250pi (feet)^3

You say?

#2 2023-11-14 18:51:58

amnkb

Re: Volume of Storage Tank

sologuitar wrote:

Emma needs to order liquid fertilizer for her landscaping company. She plans to keep the fertilizer in a large cylindrical storage tank, but isn’t sure how much it will hold. The tank is 10 feet tall and the circular base has a radius of 5 feet. What is the volume of her storage tank?

Just answer the questions posted and keep your text math-related.

#3 2023-11-16 18:02:04

sologuitar

Re: Volume of Storage Tank

amnkb wrote:
sologuitar wrote:

Just answer the questions posted and keep your text math-related.

It's good to see that I am at least able to answer GED math problems correctly.

Board footer