Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-16 15:44:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Capital Quotes - I

Capital Quotes - I

1. Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Abraham Lincoln

2. Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it drags. - Karl Marx

3. In the long run, your human capital is your main base of competition. Your leading indicator of where you're going to be 20 years from now is how well you're doing in your education system. - Bill Gates

4. It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize. - Theodore Roosevelt

5. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. - Arthur Conan Doyle

6. Just as a cautious businessman avoids investing all his capital in one concern, so wisdom would probably admonish us also not to anticipate all our happiness from one quarter alone. - Sigmund Freud

7. Capital isn't scarce; vision is. - Sam Walton

8. Capital punishment is as fundamentally wrong as a cure for crime as charity is wrong as a cure for poverty. - Henry Ford

9. Between income taxes and employment taxes, capital gains taxes, estate taxes, corporate taxes, property taxes, Social Security taxes, we're being taxed to death. - Chuck Norris

10. No one making less than $250,000 under Barack Obama's plan will see one single penny of their tax raised, whether it's their capital gains tax, their income tax, investment tax, any tax. - Joe Biden

11. It takes more than capital to swing business. You've got to have the A. I. D. degree to get by - Advertising, Initiative, and Dynamics. - Isaac Asimov

12. A wise person does not undertake any business with the risk of losing the capital money in search of making a profit. - Thiruvalluvar.

micheile-henderson-lZ_4nPFKcV8-unsplash-2-scaled-980x653.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer