Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-11 16:57:08

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Capable Quotes - III

Capable Quotes - III

1. I'm very intelligent. I'm capable of doing everything put to me. I've launched a perfume and want my own hotel chain. I'm living proof blondes are not stupid. - Paris Hilton

2. Man is the only animal capable of reasoning, though many others possess the faculty of memory and instruction in common with him. - Aristotle

3. He who is not capable of enduring poverty is not capable of being free. - Victor Hugo

4. To make your children capable of honesty is the beginning of education. - John Ruskin

5. Those who are politically apathetic can only survive if they are supported by people who are capable of taking action. - Pericles

6. There's no way now for you to get a Democratic or Republican nomination without being able to raise $200 or $300 million or more. I would not be inclined to do that, and I would not be capable of doing it. - Jimmy Carter

7. I have this burning desire to get out there and do my best. It's as if I'm keeping it all in a little bottle, and it's all going to come out when I do the best I'm capable of doing. - Jackie Joyner-Kersee

8. I would be delighted if the United States could have a positive relationship with Russia, and I would be thrilled if the Russian people, who are so capable, had a normal country that they could chart a different future. - Hillary Clinton

9. The difference between a tool and a machine is not capable of very precise distinction; nor is it necessary, in a popular explanation of those terms, to limit very strictly their acceptation. - Charles Babbage

10. I want, by understanding myself, to understand others. I want to be all that I am capable of becoming. - Katherine Mansfield

11. Choose a subject equal to your abilities; think carefully what your shoulders may refuse, and what they are capable of bearing. - Horace

12. There is a hugely underserved population out there... those who are the least capable of paying pay the highest. - James Cameron.

capable-logo-1200.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer