Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-19 18:08:32

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Calling Quotes - II

Calling Quotes - II

1. I was the one who was always calling people. - Nancy Reagan

2. I've always sort of thought that politics was a high and noble calling and a good thing to do. - Boris Johnson

3. To be a CEO is a calling. You should not do it because it is a job. It is a calling, and you have got to be involved in it with your head, heart and hands. Your heart has got to be in the job; you got to love what you do; it consumes you. And if you are not willing to get into the CEO job that way, there is no point getting into it. - Indra Nooyi

4. During my first years in the Sierra, I was ever calling on everybody within reach to admire them, but I found no one half warm enough until Emerson came. I had read his essays, and felt sure that of all men he would best interpret the sayings of these noble mountains and trees. Nor was my faith weakened when I met him in Yosemite. - John Muir

5. It was an old cricket coach who started calling me Fred - as in Flintstone. There are far worse things to be called in the dressing room. - Andrew Flintoff

6. I'm calling the Cube, it's a piece of art. At the same time, it's an intellectual task as well. - Erno Rubik

7. Money wasn't the motivating factor in calling time on my international career and focusing on T20 cricket. If I was here to make as much money as I can, I would be playing 10 to 12 tournaments a year. - AB de Villiers

8. When I got to the senior national team, there was another Ronaldo, so they started calling me Ronaldinho because I was younger. - Ronaldinho

9. I don't believe in calling someone and having a big chat, because that puts a lot of added pressure on them. If somebody is doing something or involved in fielding practice, then a little chit-chat at that time helps because it's informal and doesn't add any pressure. - MS Dhoni

10. I feel everyone is put here for a reason. Everyone has a calling. I always thought my real calling was to help other people. - Janet Jackson

11. I will only say that many freedom fighters of India found their calling in the institutions of Britain. And many makers of modern India, including several of my distinguished predecessors, from Jawaharlal Nehru to Dr. Manmohan Singh, passed through their doors. - Narendra Modi

12. Russia needs a strong state power and must have it. But I am not calling for totalitarianism. - Vladimir Putin.

sip-calling.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer